Provided to Health Rising
Resource Type
Report or Study
Name
Amy
Diagnosis
  1. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Disease Course Over Time
Amy, a dedicated runner training for half marathon and working 60 hour weeks feels more and more fatigue. When longer runs leave her feverish, she has to cut down her running (to her dismay) but her energy continues to dive as she suffers from frequent colds. Within a year she's unable to work and becomes mostly home and bed bound; therapists accuses her of not wanting to get well.

After taking Valcyte, she is still unable to exercise but an be active all day, walks and does yoga for exercise, is working freelance. She still takes Valcyte as of a year or so ago and is hoping for more improvement.
Type of Onset
gradual non-flu like
Duration
2-5 years
Functionality at it's Worst
Mostly homebound
Symptoms
fatigue, fevers, colds
Antiviral or Immune Modulators That Made a Difference for You
Valcyte
Positive Test Results
HHV-6 infection
Present State of Health
  1. Leads near normal life but cannot exercise vigorously
Practitioner Associated With Recovery
Martin Lerner
Words of Advice
I am up all day, active with my kids, volunteering at school, working freelance, and, for the most part, caring for the house (or decidedly letting it go). Now, more days than not, I feel like I could go for a run, but I’ve learned my lesson and replaced running with walking and yoga. I’m not 100%, yet, but I’ve found a new normal, and I’m enormously grateful for the support of my incredible family and the amazing work of Dr. Lerner.
I’ve found a new normal, and I’m enormously grateful for the support of my incredible family and the amazing work of Dr. Lerner.
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Cort

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY