Dealing with the Numbness in Fibromyalgia

Dealing with the Numbness in Fibromyalgia

Check out an overview of the possible causes of numbness, some possible treatments and how one FM patient with unusually low Vit B-12 levels found a treatment that helped.

My situation became so severe that I was so weak that I was unable to get out of bed or sit up for over an hour at a time; pain and fatigue had taken over my life. I slept very little because of the pain, numbness and tingling in my knees, legs, ankles and feet as well as my arms, wrists and hands.

After lengthy research and testing it was discovered that I was dangerously low in vitamin B-12.

The normal blood tests gave multiple false readings. It was eventually discovered that I had a rare anti-body that rejected B-12, so at one moment the levels might be in the “normal range” and then the next day during flare-up, my body might violently reject the life-giving nutrient and flush it out completely through diarrhea, vomiting, excessive urination etc.

Once this condition was discovered and I began an aggressive regimen of B-12 injections three times a week, my situation began to improve.
Unfortunately it had been misdiagnosed for so long that some irreparable nerve damage had occurred, causing peripheral neuropathy compounded with FM symptoms and conditions.
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Cort

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY