Multidimensional program is the ticket for Michelle

Multidimensional program is the ticket for Michelle

Name
Michelle
Diagnosis
  1. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Disease Course Over Time
In 1979 at age 32 Michelle became ill four months after having given birth and one month after getting the polio vaccine. She was not sleeping well and then woke with severe vomiting, nausiness, within 2 weeks experienced dramatic loss of energy. She was mostly bedridden and housebound for three months.
Approximate Date of Illness Began
<1980
Symptoms
She experienced fatigue and sleep problems, difficulty standing, heart irregularities, pain, numbness, temporary vision loss and to top it off, her breast milk dried up.
Treatments That Helped
She removed dairy products, nearly all grains (rice is ok), fermented products, alcohol, MSG, sugars most fruit, most of the “nightshade” family of plants. Lives on vegetables, organic olive oil, organic eggs and chicken, some fish, rice, red lentils, chick peas, a little fruit, occasionally nuts. Vitamin C always at least one gram and boosted to 8 or more grams in divided doses when virally affected. Probiotics. Use of echinacea, olive leaf, andrographis, siberian ginseng when needed with infections – occasionally other herbals.Muscle strength and muscle pain: magnesium chelate, osteopathy tai chi/ qigong (also vital for overall immune function, balance, heart functioning.) Cognitive behaviour therapy, mindfulness, positive psychology, prayer, breathing exercises: incorporated into daily life to control stress and use the mind, body and spirit appropriately throughout the day.
Present State of Health
  1. Leads near normal life but cannot exercise vigorously
Words of Advice
Read all you can on the web and test out anything that seems appropriate to your situation (doctor supervised where necessary). Huge amounts can be done for some forms of ME/CFS by dietary changes so consider whether that would apply to you – no one ever gets well on a poor or unsuitable diet. Magnesium chelate also seems very important. I also think tai chi'/qigong is important, and osteopathy if you have muscle pain/ joint pain.

Be persistent in looking for answers and as far as possible avoid the use of pharmaceuticals as they all have side effects.

Listen to your body and trust your own instincts – don't try to fit yourself into another person's mould. Also don't expect others to treat you well – most have no comprehension – educate those you need to enlist help from and ignore the rest.
Suggested Resources
The Phoenix Rising website and all the other multitude of websites but look for situations similar to your own as there are many variants of how ME/CFS presents.

Vital to have a doctor who is supportive and knows something of this condition so you can bounce your ideas off them. Educate your doctor yourself if they know little.
Huge amounts can be done for some forms of ME/CFS by dietary changes so consider whether that would apply to you – no one ever gets well on a poor or unsuitable diet.

Listen to your body and trust your own instincts – don't try to fit yourself into another person's mould. Also don't expect others to treat you well – most have no comprehension.
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from Cort

Latest reviews

Makes a lot of sense. Diet and supplements are important. I like throaty about educating people we need help from and ignoring the rest.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources