Vitamin and Cofactors for the Treatment of Mitochondrial Disease

Vitamin and Cofactors for the Treatment of Mitochondrial Disease

This is an excellent summary article of mitochondrial disorders. Most important, however, is a concise summary of the various vitamins and cofactors to treat these disorders.

1. coenzyme Q10 - electron transport, free radical scavenger

2. B50 Complex
  • Thiamine - B1
  • Riboflavin - B2
  • Niacin - B3
  • B6
  • folate
  • B12
  • Biotin
  • Pantothenic acid
3. Vitamin E
4. L - carnitine

The author recommends additional supplements for acquired illness:

1. vitamin C
2. Zinc - picolinate
3. Biotin
4. Alpha-lipoid acid

The recommended dosages given were for pediatrics, and I did not include them. A doctor familiar with nutrition or Naturopath should be able to suggest appropriate adult dosage.
Reactions: Merry and madie
Author
Merida
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Merida

Latest reviews

What discussion of missing vitamins would be complete without mentioning Dr. Bruce Ames? :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrfxdtXjXHs

There are many more videos by him, explaining very complicated parts of the metabolism. About 10 years or so ago, he was part of the much missed UCSD video series on Aging. Most of his videos are now either on Youtube or Vimeo. Whatever you think of his selling "Juvenon" and other supplements on the side, he is still a treasured scientist in this area. He's 88.

Thanks for the resource, I do take many of these in doses that are beyond what is recommended by websites and many do help. I've got a problem taking Biotin though. I may try again after my body re-balances with the new tyroid drug I'm on (which seems to be working wonders).

I hope you and yours are safe and healthy, but most of all, happy.
Good to see Dr Naviaux's thoughts
Merida
Merida
I have the entire article here. Trying to find the site I printed it from - free.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources