When Panic Isn't: Dr. Bell on Maggie's ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Story

When Panic Isn't: Dr. Bell on Maggie's ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Story

I have never believed anything Bell 'the patient' says he has hidden behind CFS patients for years. More interested in selling books for profits another Charlatan liar
I have been searching for this answer for so long. My "panic attacks" started many years ago, Anti-depressants and nerve pills only made the brain fog worse. 3 1/2 years ago the inability to stand happened. I am far from lazy. My ADHD and debilitating fatigue are at war with each other. Thank you so much Cort, for this site!
Sam E by Source Naturals brand passes the blood brain barrier and helps my mood and panic attacks greatly along with the physical benefits.
This article really helped me. I just got FM diagnosis yesterday; however I definitely have so many of these symptoms too. If it wasn't for the graduated pressure full length support hose I would crash more often -- and I do when I cannot wear them for circulation -- 2nd level surgical strength. The First level is too thick and tight to move.
Thank you for this article. I thought I was having panic attacks when this illness started. I still have the symptoms, heart palpitations, feeling of difficulty breathing, increased exhaustions etc but now I know it's from this disease and not my heart failing. It's a horrible feeling, the feeling that your heart is going to explode. I also have POTS with ME and FM
This makes perfect sense to me, it definitely needs to be studied more. The low blood volume in the brain, the panic and higher heart rate, the panicky reaction to standing too long....I've experienced it all! Then the Dr. Does regular blood workups and everything is "normal" so therefore I am FINE! Ugh!
I do rate Dr. Bell. This article has been particularly useful to me.
I suggest following on to read the chapter here:
CFS - Catastrophe theory: why we get into and how we get out of CFS - DoctorMyhill
http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/CFS_-_Catastrophe_theory:_why_we_get_into_and_how_we_get_out_of_CFS
Cort
Cort
Thanks Suella - I had never heard of that.
This article describes me to a tee. I also was diagnosed with panic disorder in my teens. It started with abnormal heart rate while regular walking. I would run home and lie down until it stopped. I am a very anxious person most Fibromyalgia and MEare type A superman types. But at 20 my doctor put a holt moniter on me for 3 days . He told me I would need a heart pacemaker in my 50's (now) because at times especially at rest my heart would beat at 50 beats. A minute? I still don't know if this is related to my illness, or just a fluke. The jumping and restarting heart beat complaint is still there but not nearly as bad on klonapin and Prozac and I can't lie on my left side as its brought it on also. I will be drinking salt water tomorrow. Ironic because I've been hospitalized a few times for dehydration and low potassium hypokemia I believe they said. And have all the pituary deficiencies just try to get your medical to pay for Testesterone? And my deficiency was severe, along with Hgh, low ins1, and others, Rita
Cort
Cort
Good luck with the salt water. If you get a tilt table test done - maybe florinef would help - it's very helpful for some - or maybe you could get a trial done.

Good luck!
I HAVE BEEN A FAN OF DR.BELL SINCE I READ HIS BOOK. THIS ARTICLE MAKES PERFECT SENSE IN MY EXPERIENCE. WHY AREN'T MORE RESEARCHERS FOLLOWING HIS TEACHING FROM THE VERY EARLY DAYS. WHO HAS MORE EXPERIENCE WITH CFS THAN DR. BELL?
Cort
Cort
I don't know why the low blood volume thing hasn't been looked at more...It's VERY puzzling to me. It's obviously a major problem. It's a real head-scratcher.
It's just encouraging to know that people like Dr. Bell are doing the research and tests to help us!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources