Mold/Environmental Falsely diagnosed Fibro/CFS for nearly 10 years.

Turned out it wasn't Fibro/CFS. Everyone should rule out CIRS/Mold Illness first.

1. Aidan Walsh
    Aidan Walsh
    1/5,
    hilarious
  2. Lindsey
    Lindsey
    5/5,
    Lots amazing info. packing into one post. I knew a lot of this but it took me months and months to know all of this! I sure wish I had read this a year ago!
    1. Ryan
      Author's Response
      Thanks Lindsday!! Glad you liked it. I tried to write it as what I wish I would have known a decade ago. Would have saved a lot of suffering. Best of luck to you!! I just saw another post where you asked questions and I will get to that now.
  3. lisapetrison
    lisapetrison
    5/5,
    Thanks much to Ryan for providing this resource! This is very helpful indeed.

However, I do want to state that if people qualify for a diagnosis of ME/CFS or fibromyalgia, then I do not think that it is appropriate to suggest that they were "misdiagnosed" with those officially recognized diseases if their illness turns out to have a mold component (or a Lyme component or an EBV component or a POTS component or whatever).

Certainly we can say that those other components have been missed, but that does not mean that the illnesses of ME/CFS or fibromyalgia (which have no known causes and etiologies that are very poorly understood) were "misdiagnosed."

For all we know, EVERY case of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia actually has a mold component. But we will never know that out if people continue on with this "misdiagnosis" concept and remove everyone who figures out the underlying issues from the ME/CFS category.

Again though, thanks much for putting together this very valuable resource!
    1. Ryan
      Author's Response
      Thanks Lisa!! Thrilled that you would give it a 5 star review. Thank you for your work to create awareness about chronic illness.
  4. HMBCheryl
    HMBCheryl
    5/5,
    It's exactly like drinking from a firehose!
  5. Wayne
    Wayne
    5/5,
    Review
  6. Cort
    Cort
    5/5,
    Just superb Ryan! Thanks for being such a great resource...:)
    1. Ryan
      Author's Response
      Thanks Cort, that means a lot coming from you. Your resources and work have helped so many.
  7. Learner
    Learner
    5/5,
    Impressive set of resources, Ryan! Thanks for sharing and so glad you regained your health!
    1. Ryan
      Author's Response
      Thank you!!
  8. Lissa
    Lissa
    5/5,
    Yes, long... but well worth the read! This says it all. I'm on the same path, have read the same articles, and fully concur.
    1. Ryan
      Author's Response
      Good luck to you Lissa!!