My recommendation to anyone out there struggling with CFS is to first, be kind and patient with yourself.
- Source of the Story:
- Provided to Health Rising
- Resource Type:
- Patient Story
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Disease Course Over Time:
- In 2007, Heather, a 30 year old with a young daughter, who is experiencing marriage difficulties and a job change comes down with flu that does not go away. Her symptoms include cognitive difficulties, digestive difficulties, body aches and tremendous fatigue. Her spouse leaves her the next year.
In 2010 Lerner prescribes Valtrex. As of 2012 she was exercising and dating and close to 100%.
- Type of Onset:
- acute flu-like
- Approximate Date of Illness Began:
- 2-5 years
- Cognitive difficulties, digestive difficulties, body aches, pain and tremendous fatigue.
- Antiviral or Immune Modulators That Made a Difference for You:
- Treatments That Had No Effect:
- Dietary changes, yoga, acupuncture, chelation, blood irradiation and counseling.
- Present State of Health:
- Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
- Suggested Resources:
- Dr. Lerner
- Words of Advice:
- Celebrate every step forward without focusing on what isn’t done or what doesn’t feel good. Find a good support system. Be holistic. And know that Dr. Lerner and his team and protocol will help you! He knows what he is treating and he cares.
The Flu That Never Ends Finally Does for Heather
Chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) patient returns to health on Dr. Lerner's protocol