1. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  2. Fibromyalgia
  3. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  4. Multiple chemical sensitivity / environmental illness
Mindfulness/Pacing/Exercise Techniques That Made A Difference For You
  1. Graduated Exercise Training (GET)
  2. Meditation
Disease Course Over Time
Peter's background included a history of emotional and physical abuse and a father who committed suicide. Peter completed college, though, and was a successful businessman when his allergies and digestive problems began. Eight years later after several traumatic family events his health fell apart and he lost his business.

Peter saw enough doctors - both traditional and alternative - to accrue $50,000 in credit card debt. ( He went bankrupt). He tried many alternative health treatments including many dietary changes and $20,000 in dental work (after one practitioner diagnosed him with mercury poisoning). He's been diagnosed with both ME/CFS and FM.

At a low point (bedbound), after seeing some ANS Rewired Recovery stories he started the online course.

His progress was slow but at six months he felt he was at 80%, a year later he was at 100%

After 11 years of illness which resulted in him becoming bed bound, Peters is now fully recovered. He started his own successful furniture repair business and is able to exercise fully without negative effects.
Physical and Movement Therapies That Made A Difference For You
  1. Yoga
  2. QiGong
Approximate Date of Illness Began
2006-2010
Duration
11-15 years
Functionality at it's Worst
Mostly bedbound
Symptoms
Severe fatigue, flu-like symptoms, IBS, very cold hands and feet (turn blue), difficulty speaking, electrical jolts, vibrating like electricity feeling, trouble standing, unable to drive car, fill out paperwork, severe insomnia, arms and legs fall asleep suddenly, digestive issues, lost weight,

Allergies and environmental sensitivities came on suddenly and dramatically.
Treatments That Made A Big Difference
ANS Rewire - particularly mind/body treatments including meditation, yoga, sleep relaxation, nuturing thoughts, self massage, QoGong and a very slow graduated exercise program. Acupuncture and medicinal tea also helped.
Treatments That Had No Effect
Many supplements, extracting teeth with root canals, removing silver fillings.
Present State of Health
  1. Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
Words of Advice
Listen to other people's recovery stories and Be kind to yourself...
Suggested Resources
ANS Rewire - An Online Course by recovered ME/CFS patient Dan Neuffer. Available, I believe, for about $300 (does not state on website). https://ansrewire.com/
See Peter's story on ANS Rewire here

Note that Peter said his improvement was very, very gradual but that he was determined to stick with the program.

Peter talks with Dan Neuffer

Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Cort

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work