The Pridgen Protocol: A Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Resource Center

The Pridgen Protocol: A Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Resource Center

Dr. Skip Pridgen, a surgeon in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, believes that a herpes simplex virus - 1 (HSV-1) infection that affects the nerves across the body is causing fibromyalgia (FM) and chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).

Pridgen_Skip.jpg
Pridgen created a novel treatment protocol that targeting HSV-1 using an antiviral (Famvir), a anti-inflammatory (Celebrex) and, at times, an antidepressant. The results from a large Phase II (400 patient plus) multisite trial should be available in Sept, 2022. A 2022 paper confirmed the presence of active HSV-1 virions in the guts of FM patients. A similar antiviral trial is underway in long COVID.

Check out the fascinating story of a Tuscaloosa surgeon who's trying to upend our understanding of fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and long COVID.

Blogs
Recovery Story
Studies
Pridgen's Startup
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from Cort

Latest reviews

I so very much appreciate Cort reporting in such detail about the Pridgen Protocol. If I hadn't seen these blogs, I may not have even heard of it.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources