Stoo Brown
Diagnosis
  1. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Other diagnoses
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, ME.
Diets That Made a Significant Difference
Gluten Free
Disease Course Over Time
Ten year course: first five years mild to moderate, then slowly declining to moderate.
Type of Onset
acute-other
Approximate Date of Illness Began
2006-2010
Duration
6-10 years
Functionality at it's Worst
Mostly bedbound
Symptoms
Severe fatigue, post exertional malaise, cognitive impairment, IBS, sleep disruption
Positive Test Results
None
Treatments That Made A Big Difference
Faecal Microbiome Transplant (FMT)
Treatments That Helped
Carefully controlled diet: lots of vegetables and fruit; no caffeine, refines sugars, alcohol or gluten
Pacing
Treatments That Had No Effect
Vitamin supplements, esp Vitamin D; L-Carnitine
Present State of Health
  1. Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
Practitioner Associated With Recovery
Taymount Clinic, Letchworth, UK.
Words of Advice
I believe that FMT is useful for ME and Fibromyalgia but no treatment is going to be 100% effective: results are likely to vary from person-to-person.
Suggested Resources
The Power of Poop website: https://thepowerofpoop.com/
I am a 53 year-old white British male living in Scotland.

I had ME for ten years. Initially it was mild (although severe during relapses) and I was able to do quite a lot - although I had to retire from work. After about five or six years the ME got gradually worse and on average my ME would have been classified as 'moderate' although severe during relapses, which were quite frequent.

I read about Faecal Microbiome Transplant (FMT, poo transplants) including an obscure paper by Professor Borody in which he had great success treating some ME patients. There isn't much other research on the subject so I took a leap of faith and booked a course of treatment at The Taymount Clinic in England.

The course took the form of ten transplants from ten different donors delivered over two weeks. My symptoms started to recede immediately and withing 6-8 weeks I was, and remain, completely symptom-free. I believe I may have suffered some permanent but very mild brain damage from the disease as my memory isn't great but it's not a big problem.

I have uploaded a kind of formal report I wrote about myself to this page and I also have a blog - stoospooblog.wordpress.com - the first page of which lists the resources I looked at.

FMT is painless and has no side effects. The only risk is of infection from the donor poo, which can be circumvented by careful screening.

I understand that FMT is not available in the USA or Canada for ME although you can easily perform the procedure yourself. The biggest problem is getting poo donations screened. Consult "The Power of Poop" website.
Author
Stoo Brown
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Latest reviews

Thanks to Stoo for providing his story and creating a website to inform others of his success.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources