Alcohol addiction

logi@#

Hi all, my dad was diagnosed with cirrhosis 1 year ago. He has a lower number of platelet cells, but his liver is functioning fine. He has been to an outpatient rehab program for 3 months, but relapsed before one month. He has been taking 250 mg Antabuse for that 3 months and has shown changes. Recently he told me that he was drinking beer while he was on it and it didn’t affect him. Now I think, that may be the reason for him to relapse. I am thinking to admit him for a residential alcohol addiction program at Canada Drug Rehab ( http://www.canadadrugrehab.ca/Canada-Residential-Alcohol-Drug-Rehab-Programs.html ). He is also interested, but I fear that will he again try the beer with his treatment? Any suggestions?

Who Me?

@logi@# welcome. Do you realize that this is a forum for people with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and myalgic encephalomyelitis ?

This is not a forum for alcohol abuse. Im not sure how much help you can get for your particular problem here.

Good luck with your dad.

Edie

Hi all, my dad was diagnosed with cirrhosis 1 year ago. He has a lower number of platelet cells, but his liver is functioning fine. He has been to an outpatient rehab program for 3 months, but relapsed before one month. He has been taking 250 mg Antabuse for that 3 months and has shown changes. Recently he told me that he was drinking beer while he was on it and it didn’t affect him. Now I think, that may be the reason for him to relapse. I am thinking to admit him for a residential alcohol addiction program at Canada Drug Rehab ( http://www.canadadrugrehab.ca/Canada-Residential-Alcohol-Drug-Rehab-Programs.html ). He is also interested, but I fear that will he again try the beer with his treatment? Any suggestions?
You have no control over your father's drinking or not drinking. Give yourself a break. Your father only, has the power to change his own life choices. Just keep loving him.

Last edited:
Alcohol addiction
causes changes in the body and brain, and long-term
alcohol
abuse can have devastating effects on your health, your career, and your relationships. Alcoholics go through physical withdrawal when they stop drinking, just like drug users do when they quit.

Caramber

It’s nice that you consider rehab centers a good choice for your father, they definitely are, but are you sure your father will accept this? Usually, people of their ages hardly accept help from others and sometimes do not understand the harm they make. I can only help you with this site https://www.abbeycarefoundation.com/finding-rehab-a-buyers-guide/ where you can find more information on how or where to help your father. AbbeyCenter helped my brother be clean, this is why I recommend you confidence! I wish you good luck!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources