Dr Jose Montoya lecture on CFS

Who Me?

This is from 2011

Lecture Overview:
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a complicated and debilitating disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that doesn’t improve with rest. People with CFS function at a substantially lower level of activity than normal and usually report pervasive but nonspecific symptoms like weakness, muscle or joint pain, impaired memory or concentration, poor sleep, headaches, sore throats, and extended fatigue. The condition can last for years, or go dormant and then resurface.

“Chronic fatigue syndrome is a misperceived, misunderstood disease, and millions of people have been misdiagnosed,” said Jose Montoya, MD, an expert in infectious disease, who spoke at a presentation sponsored by the Stanford Health Library. “But it is a very real disease—a systemic challenge that can go on for decades.”

Con't

http://www.shlnews.org/?p=376

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
This is from 2011

Lecture Overview:
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a complicated and debilitating disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that doesn’t improve with rest. People with CFS function at a substantially lower level of activity than normal and usually report pervasive but nonspecific symptoms like weakness, muscle or joint pain, impaired memory or concentration, poor sleep, headaches, sore throats, and extended fatigue. The condition can last for years, or go dormant and then resurface.

“Chronic fatigue syndrome is a misperceived, misunderstood disease, and millions of people have been misdiagnosed,” said Jose Montoya, MD, an expert in infectious disease, who spoke at a presentation sponsored by the Stanford Health Library. “But it is a very real disease—a systemic challenge that can go on for decades.”

Con't

http://www.shlnews.org/?p=376
Nice overview. I'm going to put this in the Resource Section as a well :)

Who Me?

Sorry for the off topic, but this grinds my gears...
the strike throughs are the symptoms i managed to kill with medication, esp. with curcumin, Stims and NMDA antagonists
i still struggle with impaired memory, it really sucks... i want to become a PTA (worker in pharmacy) and i need memory, does anybody know a good drug for dealing with this? i know that drugs are not the answer, but somehow they seem to become some kind of basis for a normal life... so don't get me wrong:eggonface:

If you want to discuss something like this then you should start your own thread instead of burying it in some unrelated topic. No one is going to see this here.

I encourage you to start your own thread and ask about help for memory. This is more about antivirals.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources