"How Could We Fail So Miserably"

Tina

This Medscape article
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticl...ry_Lung&uac=298246HN&impID=2177426&faf=1#vp_1 came across my desk this morning. It is very short and gets to the point ... even in a known risk population that had been tested for genetic mutations, only around 30% of patients with one of the identified mutations received already available targeted therapies.

The author writes:
"How could we fail so miserably? One third of patients who qualify for well-established targeted therapies, and two thirds of those with less common but still evidence-based options highlighted by the NCCN, are not receiving the benefit of some of our most effective treatments for advanced NSCLC. " (Non-small cell lung cancer)

Not dead yet!

This Medscape article
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticl...ry_Lung&uac=298246HN&impID=2177426&faf=1#vp_1 came across my desk this morning. It is very short and gets to the point ... even in a known risk population that had been tested for genetic mutations, only around 30% of patients with one of the identified mutations received already available targeted therapies.

The author writes:
"How could we fail so miserably? One third of patients who qualify for well-established targeted therapies, and two thirds of those with less common but still evidence-based options highlighted by the NCCN, are not receiving the benefit of some of our most effective treatments for advanced NSCLC. " (Non-small cell lung cancer)

Well I would say that in my life, the prospect of waiting through several steps of pre authorization with my insurance company is a big baffle, even in routine care, like checking the function of my heart with a simple stress test. I feel like I have to ask permission to sneeze lately.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources