Is goiter causing my CFS

Fairy552

Hello everyone!

I have been battling with chronic fatigue since last 5 years. I have tried so many things to overcome this debilitating issue but to no avail. The only thing worked for me is to change my diet. When I switched to low carb diet which is keto, I felt 90% better. Another thing helped me was intermittent fasting. If I didn’t eat for 5 to 6 hours after waking up then I feel better. The problem is I couldn’t keep up with these.
Recently I discovered a goiter in my neck. I got the ultrasound scan done and I was told I need a biopsy. It’s on the left side only. The problem is my blood test cane back normal but I still have a bog goiter almost 3.6 mm. Is my problem related to thyroid issue?

jaminhealth

I believe a goiter is a result of low iodine in our body. I've been using a desiccated thryoid support since 2002 and also take a drop of iodine daily, Iosol is my choice. Look that up. No goiter here......

Carl#1

The associated nutrients are necessary for the body to process and use the thyroid hormones. This is a problem in CFS because CFS creates a chronic deficiency of nutrients due to the enormous quantity of nutrients required by the body to detox the waste products flowing into the bloodstream. There is also a large cell turn over because of the immune and autoimmune processes which also require nutrients.

Take a look at the following sites which should provide helpful information:

https://hypothyroidmom.com/10-nutrient-deficiencies-every-thyroid-patient-should-have-checked/

Enlarged thyroid gland (goiter) (Vitamin A deficiency)

https://drjockers.com/10-nutrients-improve-thyroid-function/

GrammaLinda

Hello everyone!

I have been battling with chronic fatigue since last 5 years. I have tried so many things to overcome this debilitating issue but to no avail. The only thing worked for me is to change my diet. When I switched to low carb diet which is keto, I felt 90% better. Another thing helped me was intermittent fasting. If I didn’t eat for 5 to 6 hours after waking up then I feel better. The problem is I couldn’t keep up with these.
Recently I discovered a goiter in my neck. I got the ultrasound scan done and I was told I need a biopsy. It’s on the left side only. The problem is my blood test cane back normal but I still have a bog goiter almost 3.6 mm. Is my problem related to thyroid issue?
I had severely hyoer active thyroid 45 yrs ago. I have not read anything to correlate thyroid with me/cfs. Being over active causes heat sensitivity, weight loss, nervousness, and a feeling of being in over drive. I took radioactive iodine treatment. Over active is difficult to treat. Under active us easy to treat.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources