NYT: Mother jailed for killing daughter via Munchausen syndrome by proxy

Not dead yet!

"A Colorado woman who had her 7-year-old daughter treated for medical conditions that she didn’t have, leading to the girl’s death, was sentenced Wednesday to 16 years in prison. "

While I don't deny that it looks like she really did have the mental disorder, there are a lot of red flags in this, such as, she pled guilty and she's poor enough to need Medicaid. And the stepfather was suing the hospital and settled with it? That sounds like the hospital which would've had to approve all those procedures and certainly did get the Medicaid money... was looking for a scapegoat.

The evidence of the other daughter getting well... Presumably there was a diet change from a poor diet to a better one when the other daughter was moved to another family. I'm not really moved by the GoFundMe thing, I mean, criminals aren't going to just get $20k out of it. And the Medicaid money wasn't going to her pocket so that's not a "benefit."

This sounds more to me like a Medicaid scam that landed the mom in jail because she was scapegoated.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources