Vaccination as a trigger of ME/CFS

What do you think triggered your ME/CFS?

• Influenza

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meningitis

• Yellow fever

• Typhoid

• HPV

• Combination

• Hepatitis A

• Hepatitis C

• Total voters

Natalie S

My sister developed mild ME/CFS following a flu like illness. She then had a series of vaccinations (hepatitis B, yellow fever) and each exacerbated her symptoms but eventually they reduced. However, she had a hepatitis B booster several months later and since then has been severely ill and needs to be cared for, for the past 2 years. So I've been trying to find out more about the link between vaccination and ME/CFS onset. It seems there are many anecdotal stories of this link. This paper from 2014 concluded that there is a potential link https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25427994/

The ME Association ran a survey last year and posted results. I set up a poll below to repeat that survey.

I'd love to hear thoughts on this. If you suspect that you developed ME/CFS as a result of vaccination, which vaccine? Did your symptoms reduce at any point?

Hip

Hepatitis B seems to have a stronger link to triggering ME/CFS than other vaccines.

If you search the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database for incidences of triggering ME/CFS, you find that the hepatitis B vaccine and the human papillomavirus vaccines are associated with the highest number of ME/CFS cases. See this post.

Vitor

My sister developed mild ME/CFS following a flu like illness. She then had a series of vaccinations (hepatitis B, yellow fever) and each exacerbated her symptoms but eventually they reduced. However, she had a hepatitis B booster several months later and since then has been severely ill and needs to be cared for, for the past 2 years. So I've been trying to find out more about the link between vaccination and ME/CFS onset. It seems there are many anecdotal stories of this link. This paper from 2014 concluded that there is a potential link https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25427994/

The ME Association ran a survey last year and posted results. I set up a poll below to repeat that survey.

I'd love to hear thoughts on this. If you suspect that you developed ME/CFS as a result of vaccination, which vaccine? Did your symptoms reduce at any point?
i didn't get it from a vaccine

deboruth

M.E. resulting from vaccination seemed to have been mentioned more frequently in older UK reports after the 1955 Royal Free epidemic but before CDC gave birth to "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" in 1988, leading to the psychiatric takeover in the UK. I have also read scattered accounts in the US over the years.
It totally makes sense that the adjuvants in vaccines, which are there to make your immune system much more reactive, could kick off symptoms of M E.. Keep in mind the"encephalomyelitis" part of M.E. and work such as Jarred Younger's citing microglia excitation in M.E. or, "cfs." When death follows a vaccination in babies such as my goddaughter, who died later in the day of her Hep B vaccine at about five weeks, the tell-tale symptom on autopsy is encephalitis. Otherwise I think she would be off to college next fall.
The Israeli researcher Yehuda Schoenfeld defined the autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome that can follow vaccination with adjuvants. It is called ASIA, an acronym. He has a book out and there are articles in journals. Here's one https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23557271
Hep B and HPV vaccines have particularly strong adjuvants, which may account for the mentions of post-vaccination M.E./cfs onset associated with them. I have also heard of a rare but nasty reaction to Yellow Fever vaccine. Indeed, Gulf War Disease has sometimes been attributed to the large portfolio of vaccines injected in all armed forces at the time, deployed and desk-bound alike, including a new anthrax vaccine given to participants.

Rob Rainford

Hepatitis B seems to have a stronger link to triggering ME/CFS than other vaccines.

If you search the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database for incidences of triggering ME/CFS, you find that the hepatitis B vaccine and the human papillomavirus vaccines are associated with the highest number of ME/CFS cases. See this post.

This appears to have happened to me after having a Hep B vaccination for a holiday 10 years ago.
My partner noticed a change in my behaviour, restless, moody etc. I just put it down to jet lag.
I became unwell Soon after and was unable to sleep. It was all downhill from there.

Reactions: Hip

Rob Rainford

My symptoms appeared to start not long after the Hep B jab. 18 month laters I ended up with Chronic Sinusitis + Tinnitus along with ME/CFS. It took 2 operations but I still have Sinusitis and Tinnitus. A 3rd operation is too close to the brain I'm told. A risk I'm not willing to take.
I'm trying LDN this months to see if it gives me some relief from this zombie like state I'm in.

I hope your sister gets the help she needs.

Last edited:

Miq

My initial onset was sudden viral. I was vaccinated soon after with a rubella, tetanus and x2 Hep B shots for a course I was taking. I would say after the second Hep B vaccine is when my stamina started slowing and within one month I was bedbound for 8 months. I slowly 'recovered' but when I returned to work I crashed and became disabled- that was 26 years ago.

Issie

My earliest remembrance of severe illness that lasted for months was after a vaccine. Not only me but my sis and another friend all got sick. We missed months of school. My friend missed a whole year. None of us really recovered and it went down from there.
There is a new series starting Wed on vaccines. Both pro and against sides will be shown. It's free. Should prove interesting. Here's a link:
https://go.thetruthaboutvaccines.com?ref=b01c0950-5c99-4c24-91f9-cf63a70a6c1c
Here's a preview they released today. Makes you just mad.
http://mapp.thetruthaboutvaccines.c...12c1/e84991438471208b49cb3bc54b83b4120a17283c

Issie

Hustler

Measles/Rubela shot maybe in the 90s.
But in any case I am really well now.
I take antiretrovirals. Only antiretrovirals worked for me out of the many things I tried.
On them I have much higher energy levels to the point of being cured I'd say.
Before being vaccinated you would need antiretrovirals if you are a carrier of

X
MLV-MIKOVITS
R
V

viruses

Hustler

M.E. resulting from vaccination seemed to have been mentioned more frequently in older UK reports after the 1955 Royal Free epidemic but before CDC gave birth to "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" in 1988, leading to the psychiatric takeover in the UK. I have also read scattered accounts in the US over the years.
It totally makes sense that the adjuvants in vaccines, which are there to make your immune system much more reactive, could kick off symptoms of M E.. Keep in mind the"encephalomyelitis" part of M.E. and work such as Jarred Younger's citing microglia excitation in M.E. or, "cfs." When death follows a vaccination in babies such as my goddaughter, who died later in the day of her Hep B vaccine at about five weeks, the tell-tale symptom on autopsy is encephalitis. Otherwise I think she would be off to college next fall.
The Israeli researcher Yehuda Schoenfeld defined the autoimmune/inflammatory syndrome that can follow vaccination with adjuvants. It is called ASIA, an acronym. He has a book out and there are articles in journals. Here's one https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23557271
Hep B and HPV vaccines have particularly strong adjuvants, which may account for the mentions of post-vaccination M.E./cfs onset associated with them. I have also heard of a rare but nasty reaction to Yellow Fever vaccine. Indeed, Gulf War Disease has sometimes been attributed to the large portfolio of vaccines injected in all armed forces at the time, deployed and desk-bound alike, including a new anthrax vaccine given to participants.

Human Gammaretroviruses like XMRVmikovits a non vp62 Silverman MLV virus are in there

I cured my ME on antiretrovirals. Cured as in i need the arv s lifelong but on them i have no symptoms

Lipkin is a disgrace. He lied

Roslin

Hello, I am new to the forum but I wanted to share that yes! I firmly believe my ME/CFS was triggered by a round of seven vaccinations I was given all at the same time prior to traveling to Egypt in the late 1990's.
Obviously it's impossible to know which (if it was only one) vaccination that did the damage and I can't remember all of them but know it included Hep A , Hep B, Yellow fever, typhoid, rabies. 3 days after the vaccinations I came down with what I thought was a terrible flu at the time, boy was I mistaken!
This video by Dr Allistair Miller who has treated ME/CFS for 30yrs quotes Infection,Vaccination,stress,toxin,adverse life events as precipitating factors for development of ME/CFS
I was a very strong and healthy individual prior to these vaccinations and my health has never been the same since. Dr Sarah Myhill also treats patients with ME/CFS and has a very informative video that also covers vaccinations.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources