Walking and Pushups

jimbridger

Instead of HR, I count how many steps equals one full breath. As such, on an incline, I shorten my stride and slow down to maintain my breath per step count, thus maintaining a comfortable aerobic pace. I’m up to 45 min, with no post malaise. I also discovered that push ups seemed less problematic than faster walking; maybe because it involves smaller muscles, and a shorter workout, thus generating less lactic acid than fast walking used to. I started at 15, knees down, pushups; every other day. No malaise... My intent was to find ONE anaerobic activity where I could Improve, and get strong, without malaise. Keep you posted!

Creekside

For me, PEM seemed to be induced by activities that would damage muscle cells, thus triggering t-cells to clean up the damage. Activities that I was accustomed to didn't cause PEM; unaccustomed ones did. I could walk or bike for hours without triggering PEM, yet a minute of ladder-climbing or washing a window (arm above shoulders) would. Once I got accustomed to ladder-climbing, I could do that for hours without PEM too

YMMV.;)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources