Temporary Remissions

I have gotten temporary Remission due to virus

• Total voters

Seven

I had a short remission again, I got Zika virus and it was amazing (except the rash and swollen part) but energy wise I was 100%. I traveled a whole day, came home unpacked, exercised ........ I mean I got done what It would usually taken me months to do. Live was amazing and buuusyyyyyyyy.

What I question why do I get remissions with colds, Viruses and, if there is something really broken, how come it works from one day to the other then doesn't work anymore????

What is different on ZiKa vs the reactivations like hh6v to cause the so opposite reactions in my body?

1) I post this to give you hope that whatever we lost is not really gone. Energy and ability to function.
2) Why so many people get this remissions w colds and other viruses, can we be study to give light to the CFS mechanism?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I had a short remission again, I got Zika virus and it was amazing (except the rash and swollen part) but energy wise I was 100%. I traveled a whole day, came home unpacked, exercised ........ I mean I got done what It would usually taken me months to do. Live was amazing and buuusyyyyyyyy.

What I question why do I get remissions with colds, Viruses and, if there is something really broken, how come it works from one day to the other then doesn't work anymore????

What is different on ZiKa vs the reactivations like hh6v to cause the so opposite reactions in my body?

1) I post this to give you hope that whatever we lost is not really gone. Energy and ability to function.
2) Why so many people get this remissions w colds and other viruses, can we be study to give light to the CFS mechanism?
Your body could have given up trying to fight off HHV-6 reactivation; in a process called immune exhaustion the immune system just kind of gives up but this was new virus; it was able to recognize it and it revved up and fought it off. Maybe in that process it did something that helped you out in other ways?

As to why things that work one day don't the other day = I have no idea but Bob Naviaux has an idea about that, which I can't remember but will report on at some point.

The only time I've had remissions were when I was taking something that temporarily worked. Some people do have major remissions that can last for weeks or months or even years - and then it comes crashing down again for reasons they don't know.

bobby

This makes me wonder if the immune system is capable of prioritizing - zika or another acute virus is more life threatening than ME, so it temporarily focuses on beating zika, then goes back into full ME mode?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
This makes me wonder if the immune system is capable of prioritizing - zika or another acute virus is more life threatening than ME, so it temporarily focuses on beating zika, then goes back into full ME mode?
With regards to herpesviruses and immune exhaustion it's not that Zika is more threatening - herpesviruses can kill you - I think its more that after a point if the immune system isn't successful it either turns itself off or just becomes depleted in certain ways.

Zapped

If one is 'thoroughly exposed' to multiple viruses/autoimmune diseases simultaneously as possible, in a narrow window, by all sources known to be most communicable {(exchange of body fluids, constant intimacy (physical closeness) or genetic predisposition, where known}, is the question as to which illness is likely tp prevail dependent on some empirical scale of which pathogen is a priori 'strongest'; or is the resulting illness more likely dependent on the combined susceptibility traits of the individual?

If there are researched answers to this contagion order, likely controversial, perhaps the order of
effective treatments is implied, ie with minimum side effects; or, why taking any treatments may be
more deleterious than not... . (Medicine has often been quoted admitting the body itself cures 70-80% of illness, irrespective of (in spite of?) the doctors' input... .)

Or, maybe considering the likely variant anwers suggests C-ME is sourced by some other as yet
unsolved process, which is arguably why no identified medical protocol can reliably cure it, but that
rest almost certainly ameliorates its affects.

Last edited:

Seven

Is interesting that in the US we don't see more of this phenomenon but some in the UK group do (there are some threads where plp have reported the same).

Apparently some plp get actually worst.

Justin

Well it just sounds to me that ME/CFS is more than one disease. I have thought this all along.

We need funding, research and drugs. Nothing more.

Empty

I have felt normal on occasion of catching something. I wonder if that current active virus, was removing an overall viral load, or managing to sweat, or being sick was part of the improvement. But it doesn't last long.

I have also got severely worse, and it has taken me month and months to get back to where I was. Why this is, I do not know. Maybe whatever virus is caught is the key.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources