Thanks for checking out Health Rising’s Big Map project. The Big Map project makes it easier for people with chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), postural orthostatic tachycardia and long COVID to:
- communicate and get support,
- find doctors, attorneys, and resources,
- participate in research studies and clinical trials
- make clear the impact of having these diseases.
Open for Participation
- The Lives Interrupted project seeks to illuminate in dramatic fashion the economic and other costs of having illnesses like these. It estimates these costs by contrasting a person’s income before becoming ill with a conservative estimate of their income if they had stayed well and by charting changes to their lives they’ve had to make, and by telling their story.
- The Community section of the Big Map project aims to enhance communication and collaboration in local communities. It will provide opportunities for person-to-person communication, dating, participating in local events, and getting support from your local community.
- The Doctor and Resource section aims to assist people with these illnesses to find helpful health practitioners, attorneys, and other professionals, and find clinical trials and research studies.
Participating in Health Rising’s Lives Interrupted and Big Map Project.
First login/register at the Health Rising Forums by clicking here and registering using the Register link found on the right-hand side of the blue menu on the upper half of the page. (Because we used the messaging capabilities of Health Rising’s Forums to build the Big Map project, it’s necessary to Login/Register at the Health Rising Forums in order to participate.)
Registration simply requires providing an email address, a username, and a password and then clicking on a link in an email sent to you. No participation in the Forums is required.
The Forum messaging capability provides private and secure ways to get in touch. Except for your user name which will appear on your story all other contact information is kept confidential. We will never provide your contact information to anyone without your permission.
Once you register you will receive a link in your email box that completes your registration and gives you a link to your personal project portal page. You will also find the links to Lives Interrupted in the navigation menu of this website and on the forums.
Click here to register in the Forums and become a part of Health Rising’s Lives Interrupted/Big Map project!