1 yr update/Healing with herbal anti-virals

AnnieS

[QUOTE but I was also in some support groups that had members who were also using the herbal anti-virals and change of diet..............so we encouraged each other to keep going. I knew from other people's experience that it was taking a long time to see improvements......so I kept on going. In the past I don't think I tried any one protocol past 3 months........so this time I was determined..[/QUOTE]

May I ask which support groups you used to help you as you persevered with your protocol ? Thank you

Tammy7

[QUOTE but I was also in some support groups that had members who were also using the herbal anti-virals and change of diet..............so we encouraged each other to keep going. I knew from other people's experience that it was taking a long time to see improvements......so I kept on going. In the past I don't think I tried any one protocol past 3 months........so this time I was determined..

May I ask which support groups you used to help you as you persevered with your protocol ? Thank you[/QUOTE]
They are FB support groups following Anthony's protocols/suggestions...............PM'd you.

Tammy7

@Tammy7 I was wondering how much cats claw you took? I am now on 900mg day.

I'm taking that same amount (approx.)..............hard to tell sometimes with the liquid extracts. I am now taking two dropperfuls 2x daily...........of Natures Answer non-alcohol liquid cats claw extract. I consider 1 dropperful to be however much comes up in the dropper.......which is never to the top.

Last edited:

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I'm taking that same amount (approx.)..............hard to tell sometimes with the liquid extracts. I am now taking two dropperfuls 2x daily...........of Natures Answer non-alcohol liquid cats claw extract. I consider 1 dropperful to be however much comes up in the dropper.......which is never to the top.
How is it going now Tammy?

Tammy7

Hi Cort.............I was going to post more when my 2 yr anniversary on protocol comes up which will be in June. I have added a couple of supplements and want to be on them for several months before my update. I have not lost any of my improvement..........still feeling better! My latest improvement is that my mornings are better..........this started in December.

Last edited:

Empty

Thanks Tammy7 :)

Bertiedog

I should note............my latest improvement I started to notice in December.............my mornings are much better than they used to be.
Well done on your improvements. It would look like your adrenal and thyroid functions have improved which is great if you have managed it without medication. Unfortunately I have Hashimotos so have to take meds and my adrenals were so wrecked by illness that I am steroid dependent but only at low dose.

I did really well on over 12 months of various of the Cowden herbs but lost the benefits when last November my Endocrinologist told me to stop the tiny dose of thyroxine I was taking (I stayed on the 2 grains of dessicated thyroid meds though and he was ok with that). I had a very bad reaction to being off that 25 mcg of thyroxine, my health nose dived and hasn't recovered yet.

It seems to be because its Winter and there have been so many viruses around. My energy had started to crash badly within a month of no thyroxine and then I was surrounded by people with viruses and that seems to have finished my immune system off.

I am going to have to stay on a herbal protocol I think but not sure what exactly to start with. I have Cats Claw here and Andrographis plus a few others so I am restarting those. The ones I have are in capsule form but I think I will switch the Cats Claw to a tincture. At the moment I have had to take another course of Cephlexin for the 2nd time in a fortnight because I picked up yet another virus from my son and it very quickly changed into a throat infection which is something I have been plagued with all my life.

(Tests showed I had about 6 Herpes-type viruses well over the range but weirdly EBV wasn't one of them although it was clear I had had EBV without knowing it).

I will maybe try l lysine as I have never tried this, is this one a tincture too and does one start at a low dose? Generally I tolerate herbal protocols well so I realise I am lucky with that. Thanks again for sharing your experience, I think it really does give others hope.
Pam

Tammy7

Well done on your improvements. It would look like your adrenal and thyroid functions have improved which is great if you have managed it without medication
According to Anthony...........thyroid disorders are because of the EBV...........so I imagine that my thyroid function has improved. I was not on any thyroid medication.

At the moment I have had to take another course of Cephlexin for the 2nd time in a fortnight because I picked up yet another virus from my son and it very quickly changed into a throat infection which is something I have been plagued with all my life.
Your throat infection can be virus related also...........or possibly the strep bacteria. EBV and Strep are like partners in crime.
I will maybe try l lysine as I have never tried this, is this one a tincture too and does one start at a low dose?
I take L-lysine 500 mg capsules. Yes I would start with low dose and then work up. Some of the people I know that are following a similar protocol that I am...........have mentioned that when they started the lysine........it made some of them sleepy..........and other's mentioned getting fever blisters/cold sores which I think is just the body getting rid of the virus. These things went away of course.

kamodio

I just finished a year on my protocol using the following supplements. Cats Claw, Licorice root liquid, L-lysine, Vit. C, B12, Zinc, Hawaain Spirulina, Barley grass juice extract. At first glance one might think that there is really nothing remarkable about this protocol/supps.........but the protocol is geared to kill viruses and boost the immune system.

[fright]View attachment 2393 [/fright]I am not the same person I was a year ago and for me that says a lot. I have been very ill with CFS for 20 yrs and basically gave up all hope of getting better. I am healing and no doubt in my mind now that I will continue healing. It feels surreal as I write this because I didn't think it was possible!

I started out with low doses of all the supplements and currently I'm taking these doses:
  • Cats Claw............1 dropperful 2x daily (started with 2 tiny drops 2x daily)
  • Licorice root liquid...........10 drops 2x daily (started with 2 tiny drops 2x daily)
  • B12 liquid (mixture of adeno and methyl)....2 dropperfuls 2x daily
  • Liquid Zinc Sulfate.......2 dropperfuls 2x daily
  • L-Lysine.........2,000 mgs 2x daily
  • Ester C...........2,000 mgs 2x daily
  • Hawaain Spirulina.......1 tsp daily (started with 1/8th of a tsp)
  • Barley grass juice extract.........1 tsp daily (started with 1/8th of a tsp)

Diet: Mostly fruits and Veggies..............a small amount of grain maybe 3 x a week............a small amount of animal protein maybe once a week...........no dairy, no eggs, no gluten, no oils except for coconut or olive. Now that I have more energy I make myself smoothies every day with lots of leafy greens and wild blueberries.

Results: The first I would say 6 months were rough (viral die off)........then things began to level out and my down turns became less intense. On this protocol sometimes it felt like things got worse,(I almost stopped protocol) other times it didn't feel like anything was happening and then there were those times when I experienced positive things I hadn't felt in years. I am so glad I didn't stop the protocol because now I'm definitely reaping the rewards.

A lot of little symptoms have disappeared. My PEM is MUCH better. My orthostatic intolerance is MUCH MUCH better.......this was one of my worse symptoms. I am going for walks now. I'm not looking for a place to sit down wherever I go. My pain is MUCH better. I no longer have that poisoned yucky flu feeling. I am doing activities without thinking twice about it. I no longer feel like I got off a carnival ride and I hardly ever get dizzy like I used to. No more weird heart symptoms................I should look back on my notes because I know I'm leaving a lot out.............but this gives you a sample of my progress.

I have a feeling that the second year on this protocol...........that my healing will be accelerated compared to the first. I am planning to increase the doses of Cats Claw and licorice root even more. I've taken the following supps on and off. Magnesium Glycinate, Silica and MSM...........just in the last few months.

I hope this gives someone hope...............

Wow, Tammy, that's fantastic! I'm encouraged to continue with this. I have noticed feeling less fluey, which is wonderful. How do you take the barley grass juice extract? I have a powder that tastes terrible to me, so bad I have a hard time using it. The zinc is not so great either! Any suggestions?
Thank you, and hooray!!!!

Tammy7

Wow, Tammy, that's fantastic! I'm encouraged to continue with this. I have noticed feeling less fluey, which is wonderful. How do you take the barley grass juice extract? I have a powder that tastes terrible to me, so bad I have a hard time using it. The zinc is not so great either! Any suggestions?
Thank you, and hooray!!!!
I just mix the barley grass juice powder extract in some water along with the Spirulina. I'm used to the taste now of all the herb tinctures and supps ...........it doesn't bother me. But if you don't like the taste you can always add it to a fruit smoothie perhaps or add a bit of raw honey to the barley water.
Which zinc and which barley supp are yu taking? Ideally the zinc should be taken away from other supps. I just add drops to some water............in the beginning I would chase with a little bit of raw honey.

Am approaching 2 yrs on EBV protocol...........come the end of the month. I estimated that it would take approx. 4 yrs for most of the healing to take place so I consider myself at the halfway mark. (for my guesstimation). I can't remember now how I came up with approx 4 yrs for healing to take place on the protocol...........I think it was listening mostly to other peoples experience...........and I knew 20 yrs of feeling horribly sick was going to take some time to heal.

I feel like I inched up another notch just in the last month. Sometimes the improvement can be so subtle...........you know there has been a shift for the good....you can feel it.......but can't quite explain it. In the beginning it was more noticeable since the symptoms were so severe.

I don't come across many people from CFS support groups that even know about Anthony and of course there are many who don't believe....................so I am always excited when I hear someone else is trying his approach. I would love to hear more of your experience............when you started the protocol, etc.

Last edited:

Hustler

It is important to boost your microbiomes as you can

To prepare yourselves for antiRETROvirals to boost your chances of success and reducing IRIS

Wayne

I feel like I inched up another notch just in the last month. Sometimes the improvement can be so subtle...........you know there has been a shift for the good....you can feel it.......but can't quite explain it. In the beginning it was more noticeable since the symptoms were so severe.

Thanks for the update Tammy. I'm happy to hear you continue to improve. Stories like yours always inspire me to take my next step in treatment, knowing and accepting it may take time to see results, and that any improvements may be subtle. May your health improvements continue! :)

Tammy7

Thanks for the update Tammy. I'm happy to hear you continue to improve. Stories like yours always inspire me to take my next step in treatment, knowing and accepting it may take time to see results, and that any improvements may be subtle. May your health improvements continue! :)
Thank you Wayne ..............love and light!

ono_desu

I just finished a year on my protocol using the following supplements. Cats Claw, Licorice root liquid, L-lysine, Vit. C, B12, Zinc, Hawaain Spirulina, Barley grass juice extract. At first glance one might think that there is really nothing remarkable about this protocol/supps.........but the protocol is geared to kill viruses and boost the immune system.

[fright]View attachment 2393 [/fright]I am not the same person I was a year ago and for me that says a lot. I have been very ill with CFS for 20 yrs and basically gave up all hope of getting better. I am healing and no doubt in my mind now that I will continue healing. It feels surreal as I write this because I didn't think it was possible!

I started out with low doses of all the supplements and currently I'm taking these doses:
  • Cats Claw............1 dropperful 2x daily (started with 2 tiny drops 2x daily)
  • Licorice root liquid...........10 drops 2x daily (started with 2 tiny drops 2x daily)
  • B12 liquid (mixture of adeno and methyl)....2 dropperfuls 2x daily
  • Liquid Zinc Sulfate.......2 dropperfuls 2x daily
  • L-Lysine.........2,000 mgs 2x daily
  • Ester C...........2,000 mgs 2x daily
  • Hawaain Spirulina.......1 tsp daily (started with 1/8th of a tsp)
  • Barley grass juice extract.........1 tsp daily (started with 1/8th of a tsp)

Diet: Mostly fruits and Veggies..............a small amount of grain maybe 3 x a week............a small amount of animal protein maybe once a week...........no dairy, no eggs, no gluten, no oils except for coconut or olive. Now that I have more energy I make myself smoothies every day with lots of leafy greens and wild blueberries.

Results: The first I would say 6 months were rough (viral die off)........then things began to level out and my down turns became less intense. On this protocol sometimes it felt like things got worse,(I almost stopped protocol) other times it didn't feel like anything was happening and then there were those times when I experienced positive things I hadn't felt in years. I am so glad I didn't stop the protocol because now I'm definitely reaping the rewards.

A lot of little symptoms have disappeared. My PEM is MUCH better. My orthostatic intolerance is MUCH MUCH better.......this was one of my worse symptoms. I am going for walks now. I'm not looking for a place to sit down wherever I go. My pain is MUCH better. I no longer have that poisoned yucky flu feeling. I am doing activities without thinking twice about it. I no longer feel like I got off a carnival ride and I hardly ever get dizzy like I used to. No more weird heart symptoms................I should look back on my notes because I know I'm leaving a lot out.............but this gives you a sample of my progress.

I have a feeling that the second year on this protocol...........that my healing will be accelerated compared to the first. I am planning to increase the doses of Cats Claw and licorice root even more. I've taken the following supps on and off. Magnesium Glycinate, Silica and MSM...........just in the last few months.

I hope this gives someone hope...............
Hello Tammy thanks so much for some hope. I'm on month 2 of this diet and I just had a question, did you make it a priority to rest for most of the day or did you still do things around the house? do you think trying to go for walks a few times a week and trying to be somewhat active during the day would hinder the healing process or help it?

Also I know you mentioned blueberries, but any other fruits or veggies you recommend?

Can't wait for some of my smaller symptoms like the tingling/burning in my legs and body to get better. I'm seeing a doctor for lyme which, I probably don't have, so I honestly have more faith in this protocol than antibiotics alone.

Tammy7

@ono_desu, Honestly any fruits and veggies are good. The exception as far as veggies go would be corn. Anthony says it feeds viruses and bacteria. As far as blueberries ................I ate only WILD blueberries as this is what Anthony William (medicalmedium) recommended. My protocol is based around his suggestions. You can see what he recommends at his website. Medicalmedium.com. It has TONS of information on diet, supplements, viruses, bacteria, etc. You can see what he says about Lymes also. Or google Medicalmedium and the subject you are interested in.

According to Anthony, tingling and burning in legs is due to a strain of non-rashing Shingles.

As far as activity, each individual will have to assess how much is either too much or enough. Stay within your energy envelope.................whatever that is for you.

ono_desu

@ono_desu, Honestly any fruits and veggies are good. The exception as far as veggies go would be corn. Anthony says it feeds viruses and bacteria. As far as blueberries ................I ate only WILD blueberries as this is what Anthony William (medicalmedium) recommended. My protocol is based around his suggestions. You can see what he recommends at his website. Medicalmedium.com. It has TONS of information on diet, supplements, viruses, bacteria, etc. You can see what he says about Lymes also. Or google Medicalmedium and the subject you are interested in.

According to Anthony, tingling and burning in legs is due to a strain of non-rashing Shingles.

As far as activity, each individual will have to assess how much is either too much or enough. Stay within your energy envelope.................whatever that is for you.
Thank you so much for answering so soon, I will look at William's diet. I switched to wild blueberries now.

The reason I was asking is I feel guilty when I lie down too much. And even though the flu symptoms are still there I can muster myself to try to work on music for an hour or two. But I'm just sitting down most the time so it shouldn't effect the healing right? I guess each person is different though. ?

Thanks again so much!

Tammy7

Thank you so much for answering so soon, I will look at William's diet. I switched to wild blueberries now.

The reason I was asking is I feel guilty when I lie down too much. And even though the flu symptoms are still there I can muster myself to try to work on music for an hour or two. But I'm just sitting down most the time so it shouldn't effect the healing right? I guess each person is different though. ?

Thanks again so much!
Do not worry about the activity , Just do what you can do. As far as diet: Anthony mentions the following will feed a virus and or bacteria. Eggs are the worst as this was the medium virus/bacteria were grown on for years so thy love eggs. Dairy, gluten and corn will also feed virus/bacteria. There are some other troublemakers that he suggests staying away from. If you google medicalmedium troublemakers you can see what he lists.

ono_desu

Do not worry about the activity , Just do what you can do. As far as diet: Anthony mentions the following will feed a virus and or bacteria. Eggs are the worst as this was the medium virus/bacteria were grown on for years so thy love eggs. Dairy, gluten and corn will also feed virus/bacteria. There are some other troublemakers that he suggests staying away from. If you google medicalmedium troublemakers you can see what he lists.

thanks again :shy:

Dom

I took a similar concoction in 2018 which got me to a very good place 3 months later although I had a relapse after trying anti virals which more or less returned me back to where I was before I started it.

I'm currently trying my own protocol again, but I am interested in yours as it contains herbs found in Stephen Buhners Chronic Fatigue Energy Formula. I've conversed with Stephen via email and he can't really remember coming up with it for CFS, so maybe that is lost in translation, but he took it when he had bad fatigue brought on by his hep b infection. His formula is pretty comprehensive but does include a lot of adaptogens which in my experience are very strong over time.

Not surprised you felt worse for awhile, my experience has been the same. I took the protocol for 6 months in the end, consisted of:
  1. Cats Claw
  2. Andrographis Paniculata
  3. Red Root Americanus
  4. Lomatium Dissectum
  5. Dandelion
  6. Milk Thistle
  7. Houttuynia Cordata
  8. Ionised Magnesium Liquid (supposed to be great for intracellular magnesium)
  9. Chinese Skullcap
I mixed all that up along with gluten, dairy, caffeine, alcohol and sugar free diet (which I started at the same time and still do now), and drank it with water 3x a day.

Like you I was a different person afterwards, but it wasn't a cure, it just got me functioning a lot better. One thing I have noticed with my own ME is that if I ever get a bacterial issue or infection I have real trouble and my immune system cannot kill that and deal with dormant viruses like ebv replicating out of control. It becomes an impossible battle, even if I am in bed every day. So I do think potent anti bacterials as part of the protocol - for me - is really important. I haven't ever found any and Lauricidin which does work, I can't take with alcohol tinctures, as the two do not mix well!! If you follow me.

Did you take any of your protocol in powder form? Like you almost all of my protocol is alcohol tincture, apart from the cats claw and the andro, which is powder capsule.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources