A Story of Survival: How Diet Saved a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Patient's Life

A Story of Survival: How Diet Saved a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Patient's Life

Naomi was a go-getter. She was managing three medical clinics, her husband and kids. Stress, constant infections, heart failure an inoperable (ouch!) ruptured appendix and septicemia finally took her down.

Her gut was basically toast and she collapsed.

[fright]
MyStoryof Survival.jpg
[/fright]She became bedridden, was unable to tolerate much stimuli, lived in a darkened room and could eat fewer and fewer foods without getting sick. She couldn't even tolerate the antibiotics the doctors were giving her stop the bacterial infections in her gut.

Just a little bit of sugar sent her into a deep depression. She eventually found ten food items she didn't react to and kept with those for five years. She also worked studiously at reducing stress. (Her faith, mentioned in the book, was very important for her in this regard.)

She didn't become well but her pain and migraines reduced tremendously. She's no longer bedridden.

After five years she was able to expand her diet a bit. (She found that eating organic was very important). She credits her diet - she also took herbs and some vitamins - with saving her life.

You can get her ebook explaining her low-reactive diet and her story free from Dec 15th through 17th here.

She's not alone. Diet is a crucial factor for some people. Check out our Diet Recovery stories section for others for whom dietary changes played a crucial role.
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Cort

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY