Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (Keto)

Remy

Administrator
I've had a hankering for something sweet this summer every now and again...so I tried this recipe and lo and behold, it worked! Very tasty, like a Reese's peanut butter cup with a slight coconut aftertaste. Which sounds awful but really is quite good!

(I've noted my changes to the recipe in parenthesis.)

http://divascancook.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-fat-bombs-keto-diet-recipe/

fat-bombs-recipe-768x432.jpg

Print
Author: Divas Can Cook
Serves: 45-50 fat bombs (depends on how small your molds are)
Ingredients
  • ½ cup organic virgin coconut oil
  • ½ cup natural peanut butter or almond butter (with less than 5 grams of sugar) (used crunchy peanut butter)
  • 2-3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (3T)
  • 2-4 tablespoons Agave (or sweetened to taste)*note* If using these in a Keto diet you'll need to go with a keto-friendly sweetener like Stevia) (2T Manuka honey and 2T xylitol honey)
  • Splash of vanilla extract (optional) (Used splash of vanilla)

Instructions
  1. In a large skillet over low heat melt coconut oil and peanut butter.
  2. Stir in cocoa powder.
  3. Stir in agave.
  4. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract if using.
  5. Pour into a spouted cup to make pouring easier.
  6. Pour mixture into silicone candy molds. (each mold should hold 1 tablespoon of mixture)
  7. Freeze or refridgerate until set.
  8. Remove from molds and store in the fridge in an air tight container.
  9. Eat one fat bomb to curb the appetite or satisfy your sweet tooth.

Recipe Notes
I like to use a mixture of almond butter and peanut butter. Use a low sugar variety.

Some fat bomb recipes suggest to add in butter. I chose to leave it out since I use these fat bombs as a sweet tooth fighter and appetite suppressor.

Abrin

Some fat bomb recipes suggest to add in butter. I chose to leave it out since I use these fat bombs as a sweet tooth fighter and appetite suppressor.

Strangely, I actually will eat pats of butter when I am too tired to cook as an appetite suppressor. (O.O)

Remy

Administrator
Strangely, I actually will eat pats of butter when I am too tired to cook as an appetite suppressor. (O.O)
I thought her comment about butter was kind of strange myself! I fully plan to try a batch with butter too as I think it would be tasty! But it's nice to have a non-dairy option too for those who don't do well with butter. I imagine something like ghee would do OK too.

Remy

Administrator
More testing notes...

The butter was a nice addition. I replaced about 3T of the coconut oil with it and that seemed like a good proportion to me.

I tried using unsalted peanut butter and that was not great. If using unsalted peanut butter, I'd add in some extra salt.

I tried a different brand of cocoa powder and the flavor is really, obviously, dependent on the quality of the ingredients. The cocoa powder may actually be crucial. The Ghirardelli powder was completely unsatisfactory. I prefer the Guittard, Valhrona or Penzeys but I'm still looking for a good organic brand.

Finally. I experimented with adding roasted salted peanuts to the bottom of the mold and pouring the mixture on top before freezing and that was a big win for me. Love the extra crunch!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources