H2 blockers reduce NSAID ulcer risk.

Remy

Administrator
Looks like adding an H2 blocker to ibuprofen or other NSAIDs will reduce the risk of ulcers...good to know if you are like me and end up taking Advil more often than you would like for pain.

I don't see why you'd need to take this combo pill. I'm sure it's more expensive than taking both alone.

NSAIDs, including ibuprofen, are effective for decreasing pain and inflammation in patients with a wide range of acute and chronic conditions. However, these agents are associated with the potential to develop UGI ulcers and consequent serious and life-threatening bleeding and perforation. Therapy with DUEXIS®significantly decreases the risk of UGI ulcers associated with ibuprofen without altering ibuprofen’s pharmacokinetic profile. Use of a single tablet that contains both ibuprofen and famotidine may provide advantages over other approaches to lowering risk for NSAID-associated UGI ulcers and may also improve patient adherence to therapy. DUEXIS® helps fulfill an important need for many patients with chronic pain who require treatment with NSAIDs who are also at risk for NSAID-associated GI ulcers.
Go to:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3458616/

Issie

If you have MCAS, don't take H2 without H1. H2 can convert into H1 and make things worse.

Turmeric and ginger good for pain. As is Astaxanthin.

Issie

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources