Increased Risk of POTS From Human Papillomavirus Vaccination?

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
These stories have been going around the internet for awhile. I personally worry about suggesting that people not get vaccinated but this issue keeps popping up.
Further work is urgently needed to elucidate the potential for a causal link between the vaccine and circulatory abnormalities and to establish targeted treatment options for the affected patients.

Vaccine. 2015 Apr 14. pii: S0264-410X(15)00437-5. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.03.098. [Epub ahead of print]Orthostatic intolerance and postural tachycardia syndrome as suspected adverse effects of vaccination against human papilloma virus.
Brinth LS1, Pors K1, Theibel AC1, Mehlsen J2.
BACKGROUND:

Infections with human papilloma virus (HPV) can result in cervical, oropharyngeal, anal, and penile cancer and vaccination programs have been launched in many countries as a preventive measure. We report the characteristics of a number of patients with a syndrome of orthostatic intolerance, headache, fatigue, cognitive dysfunction, and neuropathic pain starting in close relation to HPV vaccination.
METHODS:

Patients were referred for orthostatic intolerance following HPV vaccination. Symptoms of autonomic dysfunction were quantified by standardised questionnaire. The diagnosis of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) rested on finding a sustained heart rate increment of >30min-1 (>40min-1 in adolescents) or to levels >120min-1 during orthostatic challenge.
RESULTS:

35 women aged 23.3±7.1 years participated. Twenty-five had a high level of physical activity before vaccination and irregular periods were reported by all patients not on treatment with oral contraception. Serum bilirubin was below the lower detection limit in 17 patients. Twenty-one of the referred patients fulfilled the criteria for a diagnosis of POTS (60%, 95%CI 43-77%). All patients had orthostatic intolerance, 94% nausea, 82% chronic headache, 82% fatigue, 77% cognitive dysfunction, 72% segmental dystonia, 68% neuropathic pain.
CONCLUSIONS:

In a population referred for symptoms of orthostatic intolerance and other symptoms consistent with autonomic dysfunction that began in close temporal association with a quadrivalent HPV vaccination, we identified a 60% prevalence of POTS. Further work is urgently needed to elucidate the potential for a causal link between the vaccine and circulatory abnormalities and to establish targeted treatment options for the affected patients.
Copyright © 2015 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Issie

I attribute my sister, a guy friend and my issues to a polio vaccine when I was 8 years old. We couldn't even lift our heads off the pillow or walk to the bathroom. We were in the hospital with terribly swollen glands and a sore throat and fever. We missed months of school. And none of us has been right since. We got the vaccine from the same doctor, At the same time - back in the 60s. There was a big cover up about vaccines. I think it caused an epigenetic shift and messed our autoimmune systems up.

Issie

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I attribute my sister, a guy friend and my issues to a polio vaccine when I was 8 years old. We couldn't even lift our heads off the pillow or walk to the bathroom. We were in the hospital with terribly swollen glands and a sore throat and fever. We missed months of school. And none of us has been right since. We got the vaccine from the same doctor, At the same time - back in the 60s. There was a big cover up about vaccines. I think it caused an epigenetic shift and messed our autoimmune systems up.

Issie
It sure sounds like it. It's amazing.
We really need some personalized medicine here- a way to identify people who have horrible - even lifelong - reactions to vaccines..Your family certainly has some strong genetic quirks that come into play here.

How about in your parents or grandparents generation - how were they?

San Diego

If you Google "Gardasil banned" you'll find it's been banned so far in Japan, France, India, and Utah, and others are considering a ban. Rightfully so, considering this carnage*:

Description Total (Adverse Events HPV Vaccine 2015)

Disabled — 1,284 Deaths – 220 Did Not Recover — 7,624 Abnormal Pap Smear — 595 Cervical Dysplasia — 262 Cervical Cancer — 100 Life Threatening — 680 Emergency Room — 12,305 Hospitalized — 3,945 Extended Hospital Stay — 264 Serious — 5,360
Total Adverse Events 38,217

* Finding hard statistics on Gardasil damages is very difficult, just as it is with any vaccine related adverse effects. If I didn't know better, I'd say there's an effort to hide those. :nailbiting:

This is an excellent article on the use of genetic screening prior to vaccinations. Unfortunately, it took many dismantled lives to get to this point.

Issie

It sure sounds like it. It's amazing.
We really need some personalized medicine here- a way to identify people who have horrible - even lifelong - reactions to vaccines..Your family certainly has some strong genetic quirks that come into play here.

How about in your parents or grandparents generation - how were they?
It appeared that my maternal grandmother had POTS and my mom had MCAS. So there are definite family predispositions. My sisters kids have been DXd with POTS, EDS, and they think one has MCAS. So are we genetically passing these mutated genes down? Is it a pathogen on top of it that is being passed on? Good research material - our family. If it's an epigenetic change, could we change it back? If it's a pathogen, what will it take to control it - if it can't be gotten rid of? What is common in families and is usually passed on is eating habits. I've changed mine and I'm getting better. Maybe that's our key and something we can do something about. If there is faulty autoimmune system issues, that's one sure way to address it.

(Cort, I just emailed you some articles And videos you might want to post on this. I still haven't figured out how to add videos.)

Issie

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources