Inorganic Mercury (Dental Fillings) Found More Harmful Than Organic Mercury

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Surprise, surprise. A University of Georgia study has found that inorganic mercury - the kind found in your dental fillings folks - really whacks your cells. This was the first study to directly compare the effects of organic mercury (see tuna and other fish) and inorganic mercury (dental fillings.).

University of Georgia research has found that inorganic mercury, which was previously thought to be a less harmful form of the toxic metal, is very damaging to key cell processes.

The study found - to the researcher's surprise - that inorganic mercury was more toxic than organic mercury. The researchers found that inorganic mercury caused reactive sulfur compounds called thiols that bind strongly with mercury compounds to plummet. The inorganic mercury also was an ace at removing iron from the system.
"As fellow oxygen-breathing creatures, it's important to know that inorganic mercury is more potent than organic mercury in disrupting protein-iron centers such as those we have in our own cells, " Summers said.
"More is being learned about the bacteria in and on our bodies," LaVoie said. "What we ingest affects them, too, and their health affects our health."
 

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!



Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Latest Resources

Top