Intercranial hypertention link

buckey

I've been ill for decades.at the age of 14 I took tetracycline for aprox. 1.5 years straight for teenage acne.
My me/cfs hit me many,many years later. I was one of those people that lost all consciousness and would "awake" to find myself in a total different place...which I now think is due to intercranial pressure. I ,like many have, and had severe neck pain.
I often wondered about the tetracycline I took and if it played a role in my me/cfs, the, I found this.....
Screenshot_20230920_135722_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Sarabethn

Hi, I also took tetracycline for many years due to rosacea. I developed raised intracranial pressure, fibromyalgia, and finally ME/CFS.

buckey

Sarabethn, so sorry to hear that...it really is a living hellish nightmare.
Can you tell me how long it took from the time you ingested tetracycline to the onset of your me/cfs? Move over to message if you like?

Sarabethn

I would say about 5 years. I also attribute part of it to structural issues I had spinal stenosis in my neck and needed a 3 level fusion.

buckey

thanks Sarabethen.....and how many pills of tetracycline do you believe you took and what mg? I took huge bottles of them over a 1.5yr straight period until my mother said "enough is enough""they arent doing what they are supposed to do"...and the salesman's (dr.) reply was "just stay on them" this was back in the late 70s when antibiotics were all the new rage...MY LIFE IS/WAS RUINED. I believe my intestines are/were producing alchohol and made me drunk without drinking...i think they call it brewers syndrome

Sarabethn

I honestly don't remember but I think it was low dose, like 100 mg daily for rosecea. I took it for close to 5 years. I'm so sorry you feel your life is ruined and I hope you can get better. I've learned not to take meds my doctor prescribed unless I've researched it thoroughly and know the risks.
There are some of us with genetic or epigenetic issues that get triggered by a medication or a virus, etc. I learned a long time ago that most people can take medications or immunization or food without issue, but there's some of us zebras out there that react strongly. We have to remember that we are unique in a bad way ha, and to proceed with caution.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources