Petition For CDC to Disavow PACE Results and Oxford Definition Studies

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Mary Dimmock has created a petition to call on the Director Frieden to disavow the PACE trial results and all Oxford study results involving CBT/GET studies. She also requests that the AHRQ review it's findings given the problems with the PACE trial
I added some of the petitions wording below because it is so well written
Facebook
Twitter
Email
To: DR. THOMAS FRIEDEN, DIRECTOR OF THE CDC, AND DR. RICHARD KRONICK, DIRECTOR OF AHRQ

In the U.S., various clinical guidelines, including some from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), recommend that ME/CFS patients be treated with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and graded exercise therapy (GET), based in part on the U.K.'s £5 million PACE trial for chronic fatigue syndrome. In 2014, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) issued an evidence review that also recommended CBT and GET, also based in part on PACE.

David Tuller, DrPH, published a series of articles[1] describing fundamental flaws in the conduct, analysis, and results of the PACE trial. These flaws call into question the validity of the recommendations for CBT and GET made in the AHRQ ME/CFS Evidence Review[2] and in the CDC’s clinical guidelines for ME/CFS.[3]

We, the undersigned, call on the CDC and the AHRQ to investigate the validity of the PACE trial reports and take appropriate steps to protect patients, including
:
• the CDC to remove all treatment recommendations and risk and prognosis statements based on PACE and other Oxford studies from its current and planned medical education material;
• the AHRQ to issue a revision of its 2014 Evidence Review in light of the concerns with PACE outlined by Dr. Tuller and the recommendation made by NIH’s Pathways to Prevention report to retire the overly-broad Oxford definition used in the PACE trial;
• HHS to use its leadership position to communicate these concerns to other U.S. mainstream clinical guidelines providers; and,
• HHS to call upon The Lancet to ensure that an independent re-analysis is conducted.

http://my.meaction.net/petitions/call-for-cdc-and-ahrq-to-investigate-pace

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources