Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Ways to Reduce Chronic Pain Without Drugs - From Freedom From Suffering Site

mce-anchor
NON-MEDICATION BASED TIPS FOR MANAGING CHRONIC PAIN FLARE UPS
Posted on April 16, 2015 by Dr. Steve Grinstead

When you live with chronic pain like I do you will probably experience times when your pain levels flare up. Sometimes you can determine why and other times it comes as a complete surprise and you don’t really know why. No matter what the reason your pain flares up, you need to find safe effective ways to cope with the amplified symptoms which requires having a good plan...

Read more about this resource...

Issie

Recently I've tried going off a few supplements to see if they were necessary or not. One that is making a difference with pain and inflammation is Astaxanthin. Had to go back on it.

Issie

Zapped

I sure would appreciate learning of you experience with Astaxanthin, eg the
metrics on how much; how long before affects; how can you tell; and about
how much of a difference does it make, sic with use and without?

I tried it after reading your post and coul not discern. 'Could be idiosyncratic
or possibly negated by other meds or sups? Any insights appreciated, here
(where others might gain) or PM. Thanks.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Recently I've tried going off a few supplements to see if they were necessary or not. One that is making a difference with pain and inflammation is Astaxanthin. Had to go back on it.

Issie
I would like to hear more about Astaxanthin as well. It's got the most interesting name - that's for sure.

Issie

I sure would appreciate learning of you experience with Astaxanthin, eg the
metrics on how much; how long before affects; how can you tell; and about
how much of a difference does it make, sic with use and without?

I tried it after reading your post and coul not discern. 'Could be idiosyncratic
or possibly negated by other meds or sups? Any insights appreciated, here
(where others might gain) or PM. Thanks.
I got your message. Just not sure right now what is going on. In a bit of a flare and stopping nearly everything to start over.

Astaxanthin is supposed to be one of the best things to help with free radicals. Since I feel inflammation is a key issue with us, it seems like this would help. I had been using Tramadol and Bentyl too for pain. But that stops working and I have to cycle off to reboot. Right now I'm cycling off nearly everything. Including my Protozoa meds. It's hard to say if something is working when you are in a flare - cause nothing is working then.

I have done some research and will trial some new things with different properties. Some have gotten good success for not only pain and inflammation but also immune system function. I'll let you know how it goes.

Issie

Issie

Oh, forgot to tell you the new supplement I plan to trial - Black Curry Seed. Have read some really good reviews in regard to it. The one from Turkey is supposed to be really good. I found it at Vitamin Shoppe.

Issie

Issie

Ok now I know why the Astaxanthin wasn't working and why I was feeling worse - they changed the ingredients in the one I was using and had put soy in it. NOT good for me. Glad I started checking all my labels.

The Turmeric and Black Cumun Seed do seem to help the pain and ups my energy. So far so good.

Issie

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources