Webinar: Exercise-Induced Pain and Analgesia: Role of the Innate Immune System

voner

I thought this webinar was worth mentioning. considering that dramatically diminished NK cell activity is a common finding in ME/CFS, it might be possible that this webinar might provide some details on that dysfunction.

http://www.painresearchforum.org/fo...-pain-and-analgesia-role-innate-immune-system

Here is an abstract of Sluka’s talk:

Regular physical activity (exercise) can reduce pain in people with chronic musculoskeletal pain, whereas unaccustomed exercise can exacerbate pain. This apparent dichotomy in pain response to physical activity is poorly understood, making exercise prescription for individuals with pain challenging. The mechanisms driving this apparent dichotomy in pain response to physical activity are not well understood, and present a barrier to activity-based treatment. We propose that this dichotomy may in large part be explained by the plasticity of the immune system, and is modulated by physical activity levels. We will discuss the role of local immune cells, muscle macrophages, underlying the effects of an acute bout of exercise on pain using recently developed animal models of exercise-induced pain and the effects of regular physical activity in preventing chronic pain. Understanding these interactions will give us a better comprehension of the underlying biology to improve the overall management of people with chronic musculoskeletal pain as well as prevent development of chronic pain.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources