Poll What Have You Not Been Tested For?

What Have You NOT Been Tested For.

• Lyme Disease (Other than the ELISA test)

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • Mold Toxins

Votes: 47 71.2%
  • More Specific Thyroid Tests (T3, Parathyroid)

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Small Intestinal Bowel Overgrowth (SIBO) - breath test

Votes: 51 77.3%
  • Gluten Sensitivity (By cutting off gluten totally)

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Candida

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Herpesviruses

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Sjogren's Syndrome using a lip biopsy

Votes: 56 84.8%
  • MTHFR Mutations

Votes: 45 68.2%
  • Testosterone

Votes: 33 50.0%

• Total voters

Merida

John,
Rambles often contain important information. Thank you for sharing. A reflexologist actually stopped my horrible morning dizziness that started after a dentist visit. Very strange experience. During the 3rd session I felt very hot air blowing out my right ear. Dizziness gone for good. So, reflexology can be valuable.

Please read what I posted above about the gut. Yes, colonics got me through some tough times.

Gee, total recovery for 3 months. Pretty amazing. Do you know why that happened ? If it happened once, it can happen again ? !

John,
Rambles often contain important information. Thank you for sharing. A reflexologist actually stopped my horrible morning dizziness that started after a dentist visit. Very strange experience. During the 3rd session I felt very hot air blowing out my right ear. Dizziness gone for good. So, reflexology can be valuable.

Please read what I posted above about the gut. Yes, colonics got me through some tough times.

Gee, total recovery for 3 months. Pretty amazing. Do you know why that happened ? If it happened once, it can happen again ? !
Merida
I looked for the gut links...could not find em? I am not real comfy navigating, thanks!

Merida

John,
Do a Google search for " long, redundant colon symptoms." This may have some important information.

Lissa

Well my turn to ansewr the poll.

I havn't had the Lip Biopsy (and won't by now), the Candida (if it becomes less controversial or have a more accurate test I'll, but I just did a stool test for gut stuff and waiting the results) and the MTHFR which I'll soon.

Waiting results for Lyme, Mold and Herpes.

T3 was in the normal range but some doctors suggested I would benefit from treatment anyway... Some said I wouldn't.

I'm totally off gluten even though I felt no difference from it. The worst for my gut is fruits.

SIBO negative, but had the worst pain of my life (and HEY I have 8 years of fibro to talk about pain! hehe) after the test. It was like going into labour so a doctor suggested it was a false negative. I'll do it again and perhaps try to treat it even if it turns out negative again.

Testosterone OK.

Folk-
Any chance the original SIBO test came up all zeros? This is actually a false negative... Apparently it means there is a 3rd type of cootie that eats the byproducts of the other two traditional ones. Methane and... Drat- what's the other one?

This 3rd cootie exists but they don't have a test for it yet. It basically thrives on the other byproducts and gives off its own special reaction which won't show up on the regular test. Because it ate the methane and the ........(I can't remember the other!) nothing shows up.

Ask me how I know! Haha! It took me nearly a year of various treatments and going Paleo/low FODMAP to finally get a normal test.

Merida

Folk-
Any chance the original SIBO test came up all zeros? This is actually a false negative... Apparently it means there is a 3rd type of cootie that eats the byproducts of the other two traditional ones. Methane and... Drat- what's the other one?

This 3rd cootie exists but they don't have a test for it yet. It basically thrives on the other byproducts and gives off its own special reaction which won't show up on the regular test. Because it ate the methane and the ........(I can't remember the other!) nothing shows up.

Ask me how I know! Haha! It took me nearly a year of various treatments and going Paleo/low FODMAP to finally get a normal test.
Lissa,
Did you feel better when your SIBO test became normal?

Lissa

Lissa,
Did you feel better when your SIBO test became normal?

Yes, I felt better when I was on all the antibiotics, even the rounds of herbal antibiotics. Definitely resolved a lot of the bloating and belching problems. However, I've been off of all the herbal stuff for a few months now, and I still tend to have symptoms every now and then.

Despite taking extra probiotics-- I'm not sure if the SIBO is completely "cured". Or if maybe there is some other bug? Soooo frustrating. But ready to try the antibiotics again if necessary. I could tell a real difference from where I started. I've had a bit more energy too. In my case it's NOT the core of CFS, but a little stepping stone to feeling better.

Merida

Very interesting. About 6 years ago I was put on 2 weeks of Levaquin for possible diverticulitis. ( turned out to be a large ulcer in sigmoid). About 70 per cent of my fatigue vanished and I felt so much better. I was amazed. The fatigue gradually returned weeks after stopping the antibiotic.

I mentioned a long, redundant colon as a potential issue in earlier posts. I spoke with a woman who ended up having most of her colon removed due to so many problems and fatigue. She had been hypothyroid for several decades, but after the surgery her thyroid normalized and she went off her thyroid meds.

As I mentioned, I had no intestinal issues ( despite structure of colon ) until a neurological injury.

Lissa

Very interesting. About 6 years ago I was put on 2 weeks of Levaquin for possible diverticulitis. ( turned out to be a large ulcer in sigmoid). About 70 per cent of my fatigue vanished and I felt so much better. I was amazed. The fatigue gradually returned weeks after stopping the antibiotic.

I mentioned a long, redundant colon as a potential issue in earlier posts. I spoke with a woman who ended up having most of her colon removed due to so many problems and fatigue. She had been hypothyroid for several decades, but after the surgery her thyroid normalized and she went off her thyroid meds.

As I mentioned, I had no intestinal issues ( despite structure of colon ) until a neurological injury.

Ahhhhhhgggghh! Levaquin! I had a dose of that for my mystery respiratory infection in 2004 - and then shortly thereafter came the bizarre symptoms: shortness of breath, optical migraine, chest pain, tachycardia/POTS, and extreme fatigue. I saw all kinds of docs, nobody could find anything. Eventually after about two months I got better on my own.

Years later I looked into effects of Levaquin and discovered all kinds of online commentary about people who wound up completely screwed up by it. As in lawsuit material.... So that is yet another thread I've wondered about. How many of us have taken floraquinolines before we got ill?!

Merida

Yes, I have heard these comments about this class of drugs. For me, it was a life saver !

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources