Resource icon

A Ketogenic Diet Menu

Here's Day I: It starts with hot peanut butter flax cereal...yum.....
Breakfast

Lunch

• Salad made with 4 cups chopped romaine or other dark green lettuce (i.e. not iceberg), half an avocado, and 4 oz cooked chicken meat, with Vinaigrette dressing such asSweet and Sour Lime Dressing
Snack

• 1/4 cup whole almonds
Dinner

Nutritional Analysis: Total 26 grams effective carbohydrate plus 32 grams fiber. For Atkins Induction, leave off the Mushrooms and Pepper dish at dinner, and the total carb is slightly less than 20 grams of carb plus 29 grams fiber. Menu also contains 95 grams of protein and about 1500 calories.

Note: Calories can be varied by adding and subtracting protein and fat, or, if your particular carbohydrate needs vary from this, by changing amounts of carbohydrate foods. All menus have essentially all essential vitamins and minerals except for calcium and Vitamin D. “Essentially” means that oneparticular vitamin might be a bit under one day or another. For the most part, these menus far exceed the minimum requirements. In menus where lower carb options are presented, my analysis of the nutrients other than carbs does not include this option.

Check out the rest of the twelve days at the website link provided.
Reactions: Danesh
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Cort

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work