Adrienne Delwho's Pathway to Remission

Source of the Story
Internet story
Name
Adrienne Delwho
Diagnosis
  1. Fibromyalgia
Disease Course Over Time
Adrienne Delwho runs About.com's site on Fibromyalgia. She stated that "After a long, slow build-up, I developed full-blown fibromyalgia in 2006. It knocked me down hard." Check out the triggering incident here: http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/diagnosingfmscfs/a/off_course.htm
Type of Onset
gradual non-flu like
Treatments That Made A Big Difference
No big winner - instead an array of things that helped
Treatments That Helped
Endometrial ablation, acupuncture, supplements: rhodiola rosea, theanine, Omega 3, carnitine, vitamin D, a vitamin B complex, lysine, magnesium, milk thistle and turmeric. Lifestyle changes including leaving her full-time job as a TV news producer. The drop in stress helped right away. She also learned to simplify, ration my energy, and say no. A sleep study indicated she had sleep apnea and a CPAP machine helped her to get better sleep
Treatments That Made You Worse
Drugs (not mentioned)
Present State of Health
  1. Story taken from web - unable to tell
Words of Advice
I hope you understand that no treatment regimen works for all of us -- each case is unique, and it takes a lot of trial and error to find the right combination of treatments. However, the more we share information the better armed we are to fight back against fibromyalgia.
Suggested Resources
http://chronicfatigue.about.com/b/2011/08/31/fibromyalgia-remission-how-i-got-here.htm
"It was a long, twisty road full of obstacles and set backs but I haven't had a true fibromyalgia flare-up since 2010, in spite of multiple possible triggering events including emotional trauma, surgeries, and a nasty case of the flu."
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Cort

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY