- Source of the Story
- Provided to Health Rising
- Resource Type
- Patient Story
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Disease Course Over Time
I got glandular fever and EBV which lead to CFS. I was overly active and worked long hours in my new role as an aerobics instructor while trying to keep up with a busy life in London. I worked long hours, had high anxiety, nutritional deficiencies, and hormonal imbalances like PCOS. After 3 months of coming down with CFS, I had to move back home with my parents up north, I was bed-bound and couldn’t look after myself.
After a year or so I was just about able to make it around the house, and as the years went by, I slowly made it out of the house, on small walks and outings and eventually, moved out with a new boyfriend and began working and exercising again.
- Approximate Date of Illness Began
- 2-5 years
- Functionality at it's Worst
- Mostly bedbound
- I had a lack of energy, sensitivity to brightness, sensitivity to sound, very bad brain fog, couldn’t listen to music or watch tv and felt dizzy to have conversations, and felt faint all the time.
- Treatments That Made A Big Difference
- Kinesiology, acupuncture, reiki, diet, mantras, and sound healing.
- Present State of Health
- Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
- Suggested Resources
- I have created a program to help others recover. Not only does it include everything that helped me get better, but it puts in detail, a good order in which things can be done, and guides you step by step on a journey back to mind-body and spiritual recovery. www.cfshealingprogram.com
- Words of Advice
- Full recovery is possible for everyone, it’s just finding what works for them. For some people, it can be easy to find comfort in the world they have to create for themselves in order for their symptoms not to flare, and it can feel scary to have to leave that world. For others, they want to get back to their old life so bad and push themselves too much, that they never give themselves time to rest, and recovery can take even longer! But I truly believe, this illness, any illness, is here to ultimately heal your deepest darkest wounds. Lean into them, heal yourself to the core, and you can heal your life, bigger than you could ever imagine. If you want to feel better, but don’t know where to start, start here - www.cfshealingprogram.com
Jodi returns to health after being bedbound using alternative health and mind/body approaches.