Antiviral Regimen Returns Wheelchair Bound ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Patient to Health

Antiviral Regimen Returns Wheelchair Bound ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Patient to Health

Source of the Story
Provided to Health Rising
Resource Type
Patient Story
Diagnosis
  1. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  2. Fibromyalgia
Disease Course Over Time
During her first pregnancy at age 21 in 2009 Jacyln gets a blood clot in her knee and experiences fatigue. After her second pregnancy she experiences fatigue and leg pain, and almost overnight an excruciating pain in her legs spreads to rest of body. By the time she saw Dr. Lerner she was in wheelchair, with significant short term memory impairment and sleeping > 20 hours/day
Approximate Date of Illness Began
2006-2010
Duration
2-5 years
Functionality at it's Worst
Mostly bedbound
Symptoms
Bodywide pain, fatigue, cognitive problems, sleeping > 20 hours/day
Antiviral or Immune Modulators That Made a Difference for You
Valcyte
Positive Test Results
Active EBV infection
Other Treatments That Made a Big Difference
Valtrex (Mylan brand) 500mg 3 pills 4x daily, Valcyte 450mg 2 pills in the morning.
Treatments That Helped
Drinking six glass of water a day (to assist antivirals).
Present State of Health
  1. Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
Words of Advice
I honestly thought I would never be the woman I use to be, and the mother I always knew I could be. Thanks to Dr. Pompy sending me to Dr. Lerner I am now my old self and the best mother I could have ever imagined. When my symptoms started I was ALMOST 21. I am now 24 years old.

A lot of doctors do not recognize Epstein Barr and CFS as something so serious and most don’t even know that there is a treatment for them. I am living proof that Epstein Barr and CFS can be cured. I want the world to know that in some people with run down immune systems it will not go away!

I suggest if you have any of these symptoms and they do not go away you have your PCP or any doctor run a simple blood test for Epstein Barr, it can really change your life!
Suggested Resources
Dr. Lerner' s website - http://www.treatmentcenterforcfs.com/index.html
I am living proof that Epstein Barr and CFS can be cured.
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from Cort

Latest reviews

how long was she on medicines & is she off them all entirely & fully able to exercise & waking refreshed from sleep

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources