- Source of the Story
- Provided to Health Rising
- Resource Type
- Patient Story
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Disease Course Over Time
- During her first pregnancy at age 21 in 2009 Jacyln gets a blood clot in her knee and experiences fatigue. After her second pregnancy she experiences fatigue and leg pain, and almost overnight an excruciating pain in her legs spreads to rest of body. By the time she saw Dr. Lerner she was in wheelchair, with significant short term memory impairment and sleeping > 20 hours/day
- Approximate Date of Illness Began
- 2-5 years
- Functionality at it's Worst
- Mostly bedbound
- Bodywide pain, fatigue, cognitive problems, sleeping > 20 hours/day
- Antiviral or Immune Modulators That Made a Difference for You
- Positive Test Results
- Active EBV infection
- Other Treatments That Made a Big Difference
- Valtrex (Mylan brand) 500mg 3 pills 4x daily, Valcyte 450mg 2 pills in the morning.
- Treatments That Helped
- Drinking six glass of water a day (to assist antivirals).
- Present State of Health
- Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
- Suggested Resources
- Dr. Lerner' s website - http://www.treatmentcenterforcfs.com/index.html
- Words of Advice
I honestly thought I would never be the woman I use to be, and the mother I always knew I could be. Thanks to Dr. Pompy sending me to Dr. Lerner I am now my old self and the best mother I could have ever imagined. When my symptoms started I was ALMOST 21. I am now 24 years old.
A lot of doctors do not recognize Epstein Barr and CFS as something so serious and most don’t even know that there is a treatment for them. I am living proof that Epstein Barr and CFS can be cured. I want the world to know that in some people with run down immune systems it will not go away!
I suggest if you have any of these symptoms and they do not go away you have your PCP or any doctor run a simple blood test for Epstein Barr, it can really change your life!
I am living proof that Epstein Barr and CFS can be cured.