1. Cort
    Source of the Story:
    Internet story
    Name:
    Green Girl
    Diagnosis:
    • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    Disease Course Over Time:
    Outdoorsy, social, hard working environmental scientist infected with Ross River virus in 2009, by 2010 felt she was over it but then she relapsed. Despite the fact that she'd just started a new job and had a new job she was forced to stop working. She stated "The initial months were terrifying and very emotionally draining."
    Type of Onset:
    gradual flu-like; series of colds
    Approximate Date of Illness Began:
    2006-2010
    Functionality at it's Worst:
    Mostly bedbound
    Symptoms:
    Fatigue, brain-fogged, dizzy, anxious, stomach problems. At her worst she could only read small amounts at a time.
    Treatments That Made A Big Difference:
    Pacing, graded exercise, meditation, yoga, multivitamin and other supplements, juicing, good diet, good protein intake, keep stress at bay, positive outlook
    Present State of Health:
    • Almost recovered - Able to lead norrmal lifestyle
    Suggested Resources:
    Green Girls has blogs on her site on elements of her recovery including juicing, ten ways she improved her sleep, how to better absorb nutrients, etc. plus a free ebook - http://greengirlfightsfatigue.com.au/
    [​IMG]
    I found it really important to stay focused on the hope for recovery, as with hope I took positive steps and also felt much better emotionally.

Recent Reviews

1. Mavis and Max
    Mavis and Max
    5/5,
    Thanks!
  2. Helbel
    Helbel
    5/5,
    Extremely useful resource info, and an excellent reminder to clean up my act.