- Source of the Story:
- Internet story
- Green Girl
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Disease Course Over Time:
- Outdoorsy, social, hard working environmental scientist infected with Ross River virus in 2009, by 2010 felt she was over it but then she relapsed. Despite the fact that she'd just started a new job and had a new job she was forced to stop working. She stated "The initial months were terrifying and very emotionally draining."
- Type of Onset:
- gradual flu-like; series of colds
- Approximate Date of Illness Began:
- Functionality at it's Worst:
- Mostly bedbound
- Fatigue, brain-fogged, dizzy, anxious, stomach problems. At her worst she could only read small amounts at a time.
- Treatments That Made A Big Difference:
- Pacing, graded exercise, meditation, yoga, multivitamin and other supplements, juicing, good diet, good protein intake, keep stress at bay, positive outlook
- Present State of Health:
- Almost recovered - Able to lead norrmal lifestyle
- Suggested Resources:
- Green Girls has blogs on her site on elements of her recovery including juicing, ten ways she improved her sleep, how to better absorb nutrients, etc. plus a free ebook - http://greengirlfightsfatigue.com.au/
I found it really important to stay focused on the hope for recovery, as with hope I took positive steps and also felt much better emotionally.
From the Bedside to the Outdoors Green Girl Goes Green Again
Nutrition, pacing, supplements, meditation ultimately come together for Mel