"Since this clue (mold avoidance) has been around since the inception of the syndrome, I think itʼs about time researchers stop ignoring it. It has allowed several severe ME/CFS patients to recover. How long do we have to keep asking for help with this?"
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Mold Sensitivity
- Disease Course Over Time:
- In 2006, Jeri moved to a new house where over time she began to experience profound exhaustion/severe pain, OI/ POTS, daily migraines, dyslexia, hypoglycemia, swollen lymph nodes etes.
- Mold Avoidance Approaches That Made A Difference:
- Camp for an extended period of time to decrease exposures to toxins.
- Use personal reactions to avoid locations, buildings or objects that trigger problematic responses.
- Use decontamination (such as showering and washing clothes) after exposure to problematic environments.
- Take care to stay out of moldy buildings.
- Do a “sabbatical” in a good environment to get unmasked and thus to become better able to identify environmental mold toxins.
- Move from a home with a mold/chemical issues to a different home.
- Approximate Date of Illness Began:
- profound exhaustion/severe pain, OI/ POTS, daily migraines, dyslexia, hypoglycemia, swollen lymph nodes etes.
- Treatments That Made A Big Difference:
- During 10-day trip to Death Valley all symptoms dramatically reduced and she was able to exercise without PEM.
All her symptoms returned upon returning home. She moved, got rid of everything in the house and has been able to exercise PEM free ever since. (The house was the culprit).
Carefully avoiding biotoxins and using decontamination procedures has allowed her to lead a near normal life including being able to exercise normally.
- Treatments That Helped:
- Immunovir provided dramatic improvement for several months but then stopped working
- Treatments That Had No Effect:
- diets, supplements, antivirals were no help.
- Treatments That Made You Worse:
- Present State of Health:
- Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
- Words of Advice:
- I know that not everyone is in the position to be able to abandon their homes and possessions, just like not everyone can access experimental drugs such as Ampligen. Since this clue(mold avoidance" has been around since the inception of the syndrome. I think itʼs about time researchers stop ignoring it.
Mold/Environmental Jeri's Amazing Discovery
Her new house was the culprit