We must treat the causes, not wait for the effects. - become your own expert, keep an open mind, get support, and find what works for you. Be holistic and use the best of international conventional medicine and complimentary medicine, including remedial nutrition.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- believes ME/CFS started on and off after measles at age 12, doctor in the 1950's recommends pacing, in residency during medical school faints - for five hours, experiences brain fog, works with several decades, in 1979 finds he cannot stand up, balance was gone, experienced headaches, muscle pain, works part-time, retires at age of 50...
- Treatments That Made A Big Difference:
- Uses self hypnosis, deep meditation and autogenic training to put himself into an 'alpha' or healing state that is opposite of the fight/flight response, used antioxidant Revenol and probiotic Prime Directive to assist healing, Also utilized pacing….got back to 70%, notes other treatments, detoxification, immune support, diet, etc. ,
- Present State of Health:
- Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
- Suggested Resources:
- “Clinical and Scientific Basis of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome” by Jay AGoldstein (Author, Editor), Byron M. Hyde (Author, Editor), Nightingale Research Foundation (Corporate Author), P. H. Levine (Editor)
“Betrayal by the Brain: Neurological Basis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia Syndrom
and Related Neural Network Disorders” (The Haworth Library ... Networks in Health & Illness +
by Jay Goldstein (author)
“The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment” by Eckhart Tolle
“Your Erroneous Zones: Step-by-step Advice for Escaping the Trap of Negative Thinking and Taking Control of Your Life” by Wayne W. Dyer
Recommended websites www.cfids-me.org/aacfs/ (American Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) www.freespace.virgin.net/david.axford/melist.htm (ME/CFS List of Medical Articles) www.meassociation.org.uk/content/view/114The ME Association & Article from the Time
- Words of Advice:
- Healing then starts with a change of attitude - the individual stops being ‘poor me’ or a victim and at whatever level takes back control, thus the change in mind leads to a change in the mental, emotional, and and then the physical state.
In summary we have to learn to have an open mind, to look at new ways of doing things, new paradigms of thought, whilst also continuing to advance conventional medicine. It is the holistic whole that is important.
Mind-body Work and Alternative Treatments Kisses 15 Years of ME/CFS Good-Bye
Gradually Removes 15 years of ME/CFS