- Source of the Story:
- My story
- Resource Type:
- Patient Story
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- POTS (Postural Tachycardia Orthostatic Syndrome)
- Mold Sensitivity
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- Temporal Mandibular Joint Syndrome
- Type of Onset:
- gradual non-flu like
- Approximate Date of Illness Began:
- 16-20 years
- Functionality at it's Worst:
- Mostly bedbound
- Treatments That Made A Big Difference:
- Diet changes and cofactor vitamins
- Present State of Health:
- Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
- Chronic Fatigue
- My ME sysmptoms fluctuated but there was 9 month where I was be ridden.
- My mother was diagnosed with ME by the Mayo Clinic in the 90's
- OCD/Anxiety/Depression (Cycling but mostly anxiety)
- Hospitalized Twice
- Currently on Disability for Mood Disorder
- Parathesia (MS?)
- There was a possible MS Diagnosis once but could not afford the MRI
- Difficulty Swallowing as well
- Chronic Pain on left side
- This might have been fascia pain
- High Cholesterol
- Early heart disease in my family, three of us had heart attacks before 50, brother died at 49.
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Palpitations
- Sulfite Sensitivity (Brain fog)
- I take Molybdenum as needed
I came to find my rather simple treatment by looking at my own genetics.
- This cured my Seb Derm and also lowered my cholestrerol
- 5000mcg 2x a day, Sometimes I take three a day depending on symptoms
- This is new and plays a role in processing riboflavin and making adenosine. I think this might be more important than the FMN (Below).
- For anxiety and sleep issues
- 150MG Magnesium Citrate, 3x a day
- Flavin Mononucleotide
- This was the big one, cured my Anxiety, IBS-D, POTS, Palpitations, Parestesia, Fatigue
- 25mg sublingual Flavin mononucleotide at least twice a day, but more as needed.
- Low fat, 3/1 Omega 6/Omega 3 Diet
- Lowered Cholesterol
- Eased Seb Derm
- Low Amine Diet
- Reduced anxiety, IBS-D
- Here is a good list
- Low Stress environment
- Eases anxiety and hyperimmune system and Oxidative stress in general.
- Molyebdemun as needed
- This is for sulfite sensitivity
My main issues stems from a great need for riboflavin and its reduced cofactors flavin mononucleotide (FMN) and flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD). This was because of slow rioboflavin kinase (RFK), monoamine oxidase (MAOA, MAOB), and slow Nitric oxide synthase (NOS2) genes.
I also had slow Biotinidase (BTD) genes and Holocarboxylase Synthease (HLCS) genes which causes energy issues and lipid issues. Taking the Biotin fixed both of those.
The Molybdenum is for mu SUOX gene and my sulfite sensitivity. If I drank certain wines in the past I would become extremely fatigued. It does not happen any more. I feel this is important because it turns sulfites into sulfate. sulfates are use to transport minerals around the body.
I all of these according to my symptoms. If I start having more heart palps or anxiety i take more FMN. If my seb derm starts showing up I take more Biotin of change the fats in my diet.
I also take P5P (B6) on occasion, specifically when I have lower back pain and I am depressed. This stimulates the Transulfurations pathway to make glutathione, increases all the catecholamines (serotonin, dopamine) and also stimulates the Kynerunine pathways to make more NAD (B3, Niacin).
It has been 18 months and I have been symptom free and i feel and look like I was 20 years younger. I can do 30 push up easy now when in the past 9 would have floored me. And this is not because of practice, it is fully from the supplements. The change happened in a week.
Nutritional Genomics and My Complete Recovery
How knowing my genetics guided my recovery through diet and supplements.