- Resource Type
A neuroscientist, Michael Van Elzakker, has proposed that a infection in or around the vagus nerve is causing it to tell the brain to produce the flu-like symptoms found in chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). His hypothesis is currently being tested.
- One Theory To Explain Them All? The Vagus Nerve Hypothesis for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- The Low Histamine Chef's interview with Michael Van Elzakker
- Michael Van Elzakker Talks on his Vagus Nerve Hypothesis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)
- Van Elzakker's Medical Hypothesis Paper
- HHV-6 Foundation summary of Van Elzakker's hypothesis