- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Disease Course Over Time
- Fiona was the leader of public relations company and was under stress and eating poorly. She started getting panic attacks in 1989 and then a bout with the flu left her dizzy and fatigued. She eventually had to give up work. By 1992 she was in a wheelchair, too tired to hold a conversation.
- Physical and Movement Therapies That Made A Difference For You
- Approximate Date of Illness Began
- Treatments That Made A Big Difference
- Yoga. Fiona finds that gentle yoga with a focus on relaxation and breathing helps significantly, yoga breathing (from nose through diaphragm) is very helpful. She uses yoga to calm down her over-active mind and stay in the present. Begins teaching yoga in 1993. In 2004 leaves destructive marriage. In 2005 she relapses then recovers by meditating, refusing to give way to panic and focusing on being here now.
- Treatments That Made You Worse
- Present State of Health
- Story taken from web - unable to tell
- Suggested Resources
Most useful aid to recovery - yoga
Recommended websites: www.theoptimumhealthclinic.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.asquith.ltd.co.uk, www.brainfog.org, www.meassociation.org.uk, email@example.com www.afme.org.uk,
Useful contact - Angela Stevens has excellent cassette tapes and CDs with yoga for M.E. sessions on them. Angela also keeps a list of teachers across the UK who specialise in teaching yoga for M.E. so if you want to know if there is a teacher in your area send an SAE to: Angela Stevens, Laminga, Southview Road, Wadhurst, East Sussex, UK TN5 6TL
- Words of Advice
- I could choose to be ill and unhappy, or ill for now, and happy. This state of mind got me out of relapse faster than any pill I could have popped. ...- give yourself time and love and be gentle with your body – pace yourself. Accept what is for now. And most of all, try to find your spiritual core, in whatever way works for you.
I could choose to be ill and unhappy, or ill for now, and happy. This state of mind got me out of relapse faster than any pill I could have popped.... Accept what is for now.