- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Disease Course Over Time
- After severe case of tonsillitis, eight year old experiences sore throat, nausea, dizziness, exhaustion, etc. Cuts school way back, is cognitively very affected, physically not as much.
- Sore throat, nausea, dizziness, exhaustion, etc.
- Treatments That Made A Big Difference
- Very rigorous pacing with little stimulation, no TV and limited schoolwork
- Treatments That Helped
- Small amounts of the anti-depressant prozac
- Present State of Health
- Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
- Practitioner Associated With Recovery
- Dr. David Smith in the UK
- Words of Advice
- From his mother: We could not have achieved Richard’s recovery without Dr. Smith's expertise, encouragement and tremendous support. We have had to fight some battles along the way and Dr. Smith has been right behind us every time. Richard may have lost much of his childhood, but Dr. Smith gave him back his life. Dr. Smith has since produced a peer-reviewed paper relating to his treatment of children with ME, which showed an 80.6% recovery rate, believed to be the best result yet published. This can be found in the BMJ publication Archives of Diseases of Childhood October 2003 Vol.88 P894-898.
- Suggested Resources
Recommended websites: www.me-cfs-treatment.com /
"Keep your life as stress free and as simple as possible. Press your doctors hard for help and don’t let them fob you off with lame excuses. Lastly, don’t waste your energy being angry that you are ill. Anger and resentment burn up more energy and create more stress than you will ever realise and other angry people just wind you up more. With the right help it is possible for many people to recover."