Farmgirl

View attachment 976
Mats Lindström, relative
Titti Alvarsson, biomedical analyst, Dalapraktiken
Published February 14, 2016
Stockholm, SWEDEN

Abstract
PURPOSE:
The purpose of this study is to investigate whether chronically ill people without known biomarkers (n=40), may have abnormalities in their blood compared to healthy people (n=5).

MATERIALS AND METHODS:
Venous blood is centrifuged to separate plasma and blood cells. The liquid in the area between the plasma and blood cells is sucked up with a pipette. Then it is centrifuged again and finally applied to a glass lens for microscope (dark field), 800 x magnification.

A diagnostic checklist
was used with 75 (77 in swedish) questions of symptoms. At least 20 positive answers are believed to increase an active Lyme infection, except in cases erythema migrans occurs (can often sole basis for diagnosis).

RESULTS:
In the group of chronically ill were spirochetes detected in the blood of 32 patients (80%) of the 40. None of the healthy subjects showed any abnormalities in the blood. Of the participants, 31 had diagnosis ME/CFS. Spirochetes were detected in the blood of 27 patients (87%).

CONCLUSION: Spirochetes are very common in some group of patients, especially with diagnosis ME/CFS.
Full text link (swedish)

One of the spirochetes that were discovered

@Mats
Thanks for this. It was so intriguing! Really appreciate you taking the time to post it.

Issie

@Issie Wow, that is great! :-D We need all the hope we can get. I hope you get the help you need in that specialized area. Do you know if you have any MTHFR defects? I do and it really affects how my body deals with chemicals and things such as mold.

I am also being tested for Lyme soon and am on a "challenge" of antibiotics to draw out the Lyme first before testing is done. I am anxious to hear how your treatment for Lyme is going, Issie! :-D
Yes I have methylation mutations. I work on those with supplements.

I'm needing less and less supplements now. And medicine RXs have been cut back too. Still feels like very slow progress. But at least it's progress.

Issie

Issie

Good news. My thyroid tumors are shrinking and some are gone. The mold/fungus and Lyme treatments are working. I'm doing better. Doing a recheck on MARCONS to see if that's gone. If it is, the next medicine that helps the brain heal is VIP. it was found my brain was swollen in several areas - compressing other areas. (Neuro Quant MRI). This is part of the CIRS issues.

Issie

Farmgirl

Good news. My thyroid tumors are shrinking and some are gone. The mold/fungus and Lyme treatments are working. I'm doing better. Doing a recheck on MARCONS to see if that's gone. If it is, the next medicine that helps the brain heal is VIP. it was found my brain was swollen in several areas - compressing other areas. (Neuro Quant MRI). This is part of the CIRS issues.

Issie
Good to hear,@Issie! Good if you can heal the Thyroid cuz mine is gone b/c of tumors, fluid, swelling, etc, but I wish I had known then what I know now. Good for you! I think I start lyme treatment soon, and after 6 MOS. On AVs I am a small bit better, but the antibiotics brought me way down. Good to hear your good report, Issie!!

Issie

Thanks, @Farmgirl. Hope I keep going in a positive direction. Doc just upped Lumberkinase, said it's needed to breakdown biofilm and to thin my blood. They have live blood analysis showing it totally eliminating biofilm in blood and veins. I can't use as much as she wanted me to. Getting brusies all over. So have to back down.

Issie

Merida

Thanks, @Farmgirl. Hope I keep going in a positive direction. Doc just upped Lumberkinase, said it's needed to breakdown biofilm and to thin my blood. They have live blood analysis showing it totally eliminating biofilm in blood and veins. I can't use as much as she wanted me to. Getting brusies all over. So have to back down.

Issie
@Issie Big hugs, Issie. Cheering for you, Farmgirl, Weyland, for all of us. May All that is Good, and Strong and Beautiful guide us to Wellness.

Merida

After so much thinking and reading, I really think that these strange organisms we are confronting with have been bioengineered by some one. There is much evidence, but too exhausted to present it. My infectious disease doc found Pantoea agglomerans in my nose. What???????? Treated it with 7 days Levaquin. Actually got a little energy, but my knee blew up. I took Levaquin in 2010-2013 with no problems. Now, there are problems. Especially the Aurobindo brand. Oh my.

Farmgirl

After so much thinking and reading, I really think that these strange organisms we are confronting with have been bioengineered by some one. There is much evidence, but too exhausted to present it. My infectious disease doc found Pantoea agglomerans in my nose. What???????? Treated it with 7 days Levaquin. Actually got a little energy, but my knee blew up. I took Levaquin in 2010-2013 with no problems. Now, there are problems. Especially the Aurobindo brand. Oh my.
Hi, not sure I understand the nose thing, but I have also been tested in the same manner. I am waiting for the results. I am being treated for Lyme now, too. Dumby me had a tick attached for 3 days in 2012. I am on high doses of a lot of meds. Carditis caught early enough. Just having bad problems regulating heart and BP after being up only a bit. So thankful for me cushy bed!
Merida, I watched all the Norvec conferences I could find. Thanks for the suggestion earlier in the year.
Hope you get to a better place soon. The Holidays were very hard on me, even though everyone else pitched in a ton!

Farmgirl

Issie
Hi

Issie

Hi, Issue! How long have you been on Lyme treatment?? Do I hear a hint of hope in your post?? I am hoping with you for the best!! Be careful on the treatments. My LLMD just changed my thyroid meds around I think I tossed and turned until 3 am last night. Funny, I can miss SO much sleep day after day and never seem to get sleepy during the day. We got a lot of snow here!! I grew up in Minnesota and love the snow! We have 3 sheep...2 are expecting ...I love watching them frolic in the snow. Well, have a good Day!! Keep up the hard work on your treatments! FG

Merida

@Farmgirl
Good to hear from you. Holidays, OMG. We have 3 little grandchildren within 1 hour drive. The sleep thing - yes! Can not sleep at night, but sleepy all day. This helps me: 1/2 .25 xanax at 9:00 pm. Then about 1 am 1 Benadryl. Can do this 2-3 days before too hung over.
On the sepsis post: Yes, I have CDC positive Lyme - 5 bands, Lab Corp. But my infectious disease doc did PCR and it was negative. Had tick bite 2010 with funny rash! Have photos! You had the carditis!!!!! Geez. So, Lyme may cause a sepsis-like condition.

So you had erratic blood pressure? I had that last year. And other heart symptoms - like breathing hard after minor exertion. BP has calm down. I was diagnosed with dysautonomia, but have had that for years. geez.

Wow - you will have frolicking lambs. A great joy and not as much work as frolicking grandkids! I grew up in farm country in Penna. ancestors were all farmers

BarbaraB

Im delighted when something actually shows up in blood of ME/CFS patients. But this summary does not say what kind of spirochetes were detected.
There are many kinds of spirochetes. They cause many diseases. From Wikipedia.

Merida

@BarbaraB
Exactly. And these organisms are difficult or impossible to grow in artificial media. Have you seen the NorVect videos/ Dr. Alan McDonald ( Harvard Brain Bank/ pathologist) ?

Farmgirl

@Farmgirl
Good to hear from you. Holidays, OMG. We have 3 little grandchildren within 1 hour drive. The sleep thing - yes! Can not sleep at night, but sleepy all day. This helps me: 1/2 .25 xanax at 9:00 pm. Then about 1 am 1 Benadryl. Can do this 2-3 days before too hung over.
On the sepsis post: Yes, I have CDC positive Lyme - 5 bands, Lab Corp. But my infectious disease doc did PCR and it was negative. Had tick bite 2010 with funny rash! Have photos! You had the carditis!!!!! Geez. So, Lyme may cause a sepsis-like condition.

So you had erratic blood pressure? I had that last year. And other heart symptoms - like breathing hard after minor exertion. BP has calm down. I was diagnosed with dysautonomia, but have had that for years. geez.

Wow - you will have frolicking lambs. A great joy and not as much work as frolicking grandkids! I grew up in farm country in Penna. ancestors were all farmers
@Merida
I am wondering how your husband is doing. Sorry, I don't know how to PM....I am technologically challenged.

Farmgirl

@BarbaraB
Exactly. And these organisms are difficult or impossible to grow in artificial media. Have you seen the NorVect videos/ Dr. Alan McDonald ( Harvard Brain Bank/ pathologist) ?
Those videos by Alan M. We're amazing, awe inspiring and shocking! My mom just died of Alzheimer disease and she was on and off antibiotics 5 years ...treatment that helped her. Her last year her doctor gave her a monthly script of Cipro. I didn't know anything about Lyme at the time. Just seems strange that this info isn't more mainstream so more people can be made aware.

BarbaraB

Those videos by Alan M. We're amazing, awe inspiring and shocking! My mom just died of Alzheimer disease and she was on and off antibiotics 5 years ...treatment that helped her. Her last year her doctor gave her a monthly script of Cipro. I didn't know anything about Lyme at the time. Just seems strange that this info isn't more mainstream so more people can be made aware.
I agree.
Its far better to have found a treatable organism than vague measures or exercise and fatigue. But Im still not getting why these spirochetes are names Lymes, on this site, when they could just as easily be called Syphilis orLeptospirosis.
Another question is regarding treatment. Has the Swedish team been treating these spirochetes.

Farmgirl

@Farmgirl

@Merdia, yes, I have dysautonomia, same with me, though, had it for years....it seems to have changed into the heavy pounding in my chest and a feeling of faintness when I am upright for "too long" (whatever that is depends on my day, but usually only 2 hours, than I must be flat on the couch or bed). I was SO much worse before I went Gluten Free! I felt like my brain was swimming and I blacked out constantly if I even tipped my head down just a bit. That lessened on the strict diet.

Merida

@Farmgirl @BarbaraB
I wish I had more to add, but I don't. If someone us claiming spirochetes in blood then they need to isolate and identify them. I always get improvement on Levaquin, but why? Recently though I got a sore knee from it, and so may not be able to use it.

STACEY

If you don't mind me asking I am very curious if you have any idea why you get/got improvement on Levaquin? I have the same experience every time I take it. I feel almost normal on it but all my symptoms return when I stop. I have absolutely no side effects from it but am nervous about taking it because of the possible side effects. I would like to understand why some people are having this experience to see if there is something similar that is not as risky. My reaction to it is profound and immediate. Clears fatigue, brain fog, and makes me feel like everything else I take (hormones etc) actually work the way they are supposed.

I was also diagnosed with chronic lyme, CVID, CIPD etc. I wonder if it has something to do with crossing the blood brain barrier. Any info you have I would appreciate meanwhile I continue my search for answers.
:)

Farmgirl

If you don't mind me asking I am very curious if you have any idea why you get/got improvement on Levaquin? I have the same experience every time I take it. I feel almost normal on it but all my symptoms return when I stop. I have absolutely no side effects from it but am nervous about taking it because of the possible side effects. I would like to understand why some people are having this experience to see if there is something similar that is not as risky. My reaction to it is profound and immediate. Clears fatigue, brain fog, and makes me feel like everything else I take (hormones etc) actually work the way they are supposed.

I was also diagnosed with chronic lyme, CVID, CIPD etc. I wonder if it has something to do with crossing the blood brain barrier. Any info you have I would appreciate meanwhile I continue my search for answers.
:)

I do not know what Levaquin is, but I will look it up! I DO know that treatment for these diseases must be individualized and maybe some things work for some patients and other things work for others. Ron Davis does warn us to be careful trying new things, but it sure is nice to hear that some things may be working. We need the hope so badly. FG

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources