Advice re dental crowns

alc

Hi All,

I need to have a crown placed on a molar tooth. My options are gold bonded to porcelain or all porcelain. There is a marginal increase in strength with gold and it is easier to drill into if I have to have a root canal later on.

I have heard from the Melisa Lab that it's best to avoid metals where possible ( I have tested some but not gold). However, losing another tooth in my opinion worse.

Does anyone have any experience with this dilemma?

Thanks.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Hi All,

I need to have a crown placed on a molar tooth. My options are gold bonded to porcelain or all porcelain. There is a marginal increase in strength with gold and it is easier to drill into if I have to have a root canal later on.

I have heard from the Melisa Lab that it's best to avoid metals where possible ( I have tested some but not gold). However, losing another tooth in my opinion worse.

Does anyone have any experience with this dilemma?

Thanks.
These are tough decisions. I think I've been going with porcelain but am no sure. I think gold is pretty non-reactive though (???)

My last crown was agonizing though. My mouth ached really badly for about a month and a half - my whole back of my mouth - including places where the tooth was not. I assume it was because of the materials - I'm going to a cheaper dentist now...Thankfully its fine now.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources