Advocates Get NIH to Remove CBT/GET Article From Website

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Great news! NIH has now removed its false and harmful Medline/ National Library of Medicine article ""Chronic Fatigue Therapies Provide Some With Long-Term Relief" promoting CBT and GET as "among the best available treatments" for ME/CFS from Medline Plus. It was taken down just DAYS after people at MEAction and SolveME/CFS began filing complaints. The article was apparently based on the PACE study which has come under fire since it was published.

This win suggests that attitudes are changing over at the NIH. It should empower advocates that the NIH and others will listen to well-thought out position.

Congratulations to the advocates who worked on this. It's another sign, as well, of the power of the MEAction site.

Solve ME/CFS reported:

Good news! We’re happy to report that NIH has removed an article from Medline Plus, its website for patients, on the U.K. PACE study. The PACE study reported that “cognitive behavioral therapy and graded exercise therapy are among the best available treatments for extended relief” of ME/CFS. An ‪#‎MEAction‬ petition called for the removal of the article, and the Solve ME/CFS Initiative communicated directly with NIH officials about our concern over the article.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources