Ampligen Maker Whacked by Lawsuit - Settles

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Hemispherx Biopharma's rather tortured history continues. It agreed to pay $2.75 million to investors who purchased or acquired Hemispherx common stock from March 14, 2012 through and Dec. 20, 2012. They alleged that Hemispherx representatives touted overal positive results from Ampligen’s clinical trials.
That's money that could have gone to Ampligen ME/CFS studies...(sigh)

Who Me?

I saw this. And the sad thing is they tried to take the cheap way out with the FDA, it ended costing them but most of all it cost us.

Cort

Staff member
Yes it did - a sad thing all the way around - for them and for us..

Who Me?

I wish they would sell the "formula" To another company that would follow through.

30 yrs is just stupid.

And had they done it the right way and been approved years ago they'd be raking the money in.

Cort

Staff member
It makes you want to :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: and put a :bag: :bag: :bag: over your head and go arrghhh :arghh::arghh::arghh:

I do love these smilies... :wacky:

Strike me lucky

In thirty years you would also think they could have made a version easier to administer like a daily injection patients could do on their own .

The whole infusion thing adds to the cost and difficulty of many accessing it.

im suprized they havent had it approved for other indications like hepatitis etc.

Who Me?

Ever since the clinicals 20 plus years ago where people who got it showed significant inorovemrnt, it has been downhill.

What the hell have they been doing for so long? :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Cort

Staff member
Ever since the clinicals 20 plus years ago where people who got it showed significant inorovemrnt, it has been downhill.

What the hell have they been doing for so long? :mad::mad::mad:
Actually not much. Avoiding doing other trials. Trying to find other ways to make Ampligen work. Getting in several lawsuits. Re-analyzing the old data. It hasn't been pretty. Dr. Bateman said Hemispherx is finally going to have to put some real money into this. I don't know if they have the real money needed to do that or not. It's tough when you're a small pharma company.

They are talking and working with the FDA though. Some things are happening behind scenes. Dr. Peterson's office is gathering data on Ampligen for the FDA I believe. Something may get worked out.

Who Me?

Well so nothing to help sooner rather than later unless Peterson can pull a rabbit out of his hat. :rage::arghh:

Cort

Staff member
Well so nothing to help sooner rather than later unless Peterson can pull a rabbit out of his hat. :rage::arghh:
There's Brincidofovir - in about a year hopefully - not so soon but with your test results I imagine you would be a candidate...

Who Me?

Don't think I'd find anyone to RX it. Unless I have CMV by PCR, ID won't even try for Valcyte. Will support me though if I get it on my own.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources