An Introduction to Using Medical Marijuana To Relieve Pain

Resource An Introduction to Using Medical Marijuana To Relieve Pain

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

An Introduction to Using Medical Marijuana To Relieve Pain - Excellent intro to medical marijuana issues

From the Blog How to Use Medical Marijuana Without Getting High

With the little research available you're basically on your own on determining what might work for you. There are some anecdotal guidelines.

“You really need the THC in there to get the medicinal benefits of the cannabis,” Marcu said. “CBD has not been found to be very effective by itself. [Using a 1:1 ratio]...

Read more about this resource...

Seasprit

Cort submitted a new resource:

An Introduction to Using Medical Marijuana To Relieve Pain - Excellent intro to medical marijuana issues

Read more about this resource...
Thanks Cort - very helpful information as usual. Besides Fibro, I have another total hip replacement in my near future and I'm very interested in finding something safe for pain relief. I've had DNA genome studies done that support my real-life experience w/very bad reactions to low doses of the most common pain relief meds post-surgery. I am more anxious about horrific med reactions than I am to the surgery! My question is, how to determine a source that is safe, organic and reliable? Also are there any types of alternative doc/healer folks who can help/oversee this process?? Anyone out there have any ideas?

Strike me lucky

Theres two states in australia in the process of legalizing medicinal Marijuana for things like children with severe epilepsy uresponsive to other medications. It sounds like its going to be more quality controlled and used in tinctures and sprays etc. Looks like they want to find alternatives to smoking it.

Legalizing it for recreational purposes is a long way off, although someone did an economic study on legalizing it and the money the government would make from taxes and the money saved in law enforcement by legalization. It looked like it would greatly improve the economy. So things are moving in australia .

Who Me?

The one used here for children with epilepsy is called Charlotte's Web. It's hard to get because no one wants pot without the THC.

San Diego

The one used here for children with epilepsy is called Charlotte's Web. It's hard to get because no one wants pot without the THC.
I do! I do! Pick me! :D

When it becomes legal here, I will absolutely use it.

I normally depend on several meds in order to fall asleep and stay asleep. I rotate several benzos combined melatonin, trazadone or mirtazapine, and something else I can’t remember right now lol.

I tried CBD oil at the recommended 3 mg dosage and it did nothing. I then used a high dose concentrate at 50 mg dose nightly for one month and was able to completely stop all other sleep meds cold turkey. It was a “clean” sleep with no hangover like I normally get with the combo of drugs.

It is WAY to expensive to continue, but I learned that I will seek a high CBD/very low THC strain when available legally. I have zero desire to get high at this point in my life and illness - I already have too much brain dysfunction and difficulty with memory.

Who Me?

@sdsu I love Phenibut which I use once or twice a week max. I took a ton last night and woke up wasted but today is the best day I've felt in awhile. I almost feel "normal"

There are several other Nootrops that work. Check out www.liftmode.com.

Also look on Etsy for CBD oil There are different doses which are much cheaper than other places. I used one from Zen but that strain amped me up. I did get a 100% refund though so nothing lost. And I did use it transdermally for a shoulder issue and it reduced my inflammation a ton!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources