Angiotensin II AT(1) receptor blockers ameliorate inflammatory stress: a beneficial effect for the t

Discussion in 'Other Research' started by Remy, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Remy

Remy Administrator

2. Remy

Remy Administrator

I am not sure why more people aren't trialing Losartan?

It's long been used in the Shoemaker protocol at a low dose (up to 25 mg twice a day) to reduce TGF-b1 and has also been an integral part of the Marshall Protocol. At these low doses, it doesn't seem to have much effect on lowering the blood pressure as it does at high doses.

It also seems to have anti-inflammatory effects on microglial cells (Younger research) and may help reduce inflammatory stress associated with endotoxin release (https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...ain-mood-and-me-cfs-fm-part-ii-emerging-stor/)

It may also inhibit myostatin, which could explain a lot in terms of muscle wasting.

Merry and weyland like this.
  3. weyland

weyland Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about it, both to lower my orthostatic hypertension as well as antagonize TGF beta.

Remy likes this.
  4. rebar

rebar Active Member

As I have high blood pressure it looks intriguing.

Remy likes this.
  5. Not dead yet!

Not dead yet! Well-Known Member

"We propose that including ARBs in a novel integrated approach for the treatment of brain disorders such as depression and Alzheimer's disease may be of immediate translational relevance."

Heh, if only it were that easy...

I've recently fully stopped using a beta blocker because the headache protection is less important than the added fatigue. I wonder if an ARB can also be used in migraine prevention? If so, then why bother with beta blockers anymore?

Most anti hypertensives cause fatigue though. It took me a while to get just how badly nadolol was tiring me out. Since I'm tired anyway, it's hard to tell. And it has a very very long after-effect, nearly a week long. I had to catch on that whenever I stopped, a week later I had a headache that wasn't a migraine, it was just pounding in general. Taking decreasing doses weekly was the trick that finally worked. Then two weeks later I felt less brain fogged and more able to care for myself.

I'm not looking forward to any more anti-hypertensives, but maybe in small doses it might be ok. Trouble is, so few doctors are willing to give you something based on research alone. Some clinical guideline has to include it in the recommended treatments before many doctors will touch it.

Remy likes this.
  6. Remy

Remy Administrator

Tis sadly true. Thankfully I have a more open minded doctor...

Not dead yet! likes this.