Poll Anybody Fibromylagia/ME/CFS started (or permanently worsened) after Duloxetine?

Anybody Fibromylagia/ME/CFS started (or permanently worsened) after Duloxetine (Cymbalta) withdrawl?

• Yes. My Fibromyalgia (or any chronic pain) started after Duloxetine withdrawl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. My Fibromyalgia (or any chronic pain) permanently worsened after Duloxetine withdrawl.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Yes. My ME/CFS symptoms started after Duloxetine withdrawl.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes. My ME/CFS symptoms permanently worsened after Duloxetine withdrawl.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, I'm still taking Duloxetine, it helped my symptoms.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No, I had an withdrawl with worsened symptoms and then returned to normal.

• No, I had a withdrawl without any symptoms.

• No, I never took Duloxetine.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Folk

I was talking to a friend of diagnosed with Fibro (even though all symptoms for ME/CFS too) and he said out of nowhere that his Fibromyalgia started a month after stopping Cymbalta.
I then said to him that I had an horrible Cymbalta experience, with lots of side effects, and then +- 3 weeks after stopping it I had a crash (my first one in 8 years) which made me ten thousand times sicker.

Then I went to a Cymbalta group on facebook and asked about. Turns out lots of people developed Fibro, neuropathy and whole list of other symptoms after stopping Duloxetine. And that never went back to normal so I'm here to know what about your experiences.

Thanks!

Lissa

I've wondered the same about Levoquin. I had my first serious mystery crash after taking it for a respiratory infection of unknown origin in 2004. Was hit with CFS symptoms- major PEM, was down for a couple of months but doctors had no answers.

Luckily it remitted and I had another 5 decent years before getting smacked down for good. (This time after a flu-like onset). I've always been curious if there was a link to the drugs themselves...doing some kind of damage. Or how our bodies (particular genetics) process them?

JennyJenny

I think you have to be a "pure" Fibro patient to take this medication. If you have any other illness such as ME/CFS or Lupus or what have you, it is NOT the medication to take.

Then, what I have read is it is only helping 6% of the patients and for an average of 2 1/2 years. While taking Cymbalta my symptoms were worsened and the withdraw was awful. AWFUL! No one tells you this.

I know it has helped some but they need to know that they are pretty much an anomaly AND it may only work for so long and the withdraw can make your illness worse.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I think you have to be a "pure" Fibro patient to take this medication. If you have any other illness such as ME/CFS or Lupus or what have you, it is NOT the medication to take.

Then, what I have read is it is only helping 6% of the patients and for an average of 2 1/2 years. While taking Cymbalta my symptoms were worsened and the withdraw was awful. AWFUL! No one tells you this.

I know it has helped some but they need to know that they are pretty much an anomaly AND it may only work for so long and the withdraw can make your illness worse.
The number needed to treat to get a successful response on all the FM drugs is pretty high. It makes you wonder how they get passed..

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I was talking to a friend of diagnosed with Fibro (even though all symptoms for ME/CFS too) and he said out of nowhere that his Fibromyalgia started a month after stopping Cymbalta.
I then said to him that I had an horrible Cymbalta experience, with lots of side effects, and then +- 3 weeks after stopping it I had a crash (my first one in 8 years) which made me ten thousand times sicker.

Then I went to a Cymbalta group on facebook and asked about. Turns out lots of people developed Fibro, neuropathy and whole list of other symptoms after stopping Duloxetine. And that never went back to normal so I'm here to know what about your experiences.

Thanks!
I had never heard of this (which doesn't mean much :bag:)...Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

JennyJenny

The number needed to treat to get a successful response on all the FM drugs is pretty high. It makes you wonder how they get passed..

How did Vioxx, that was KILLING patients, get passed? I believe data manipulation covered the heart issues patients developed. Data manipulation is a big problem with a lot of Research.

Folk

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources