Anyone Take Berberine, Your Experiences, Pls

jaminhealth

I don't have diabetes and don't want it. But my recent labs came in at 120 Glucose, and 5.7 A1C, the highest ever for both of these, and I'm older than ever. Could age have a factor here? And I have cleaned up eating carbs and sugars so so much. But exercise is limited to stretching due to body damage from OA and hip replacement.....SO....
I've read where Berberine does reduce Glucose and supports other issues as well...inflammation for another.

And doesn't it make sense that doing labs when not fasting, would bump up the numbers more, right? I have not done fasting labs for many years.

Appreciate any input here.

Last edited:

Apo Sci

I take about 2 g of Berberine daily long term as two divided doses. It probably alters liver metabolism of other drugs so you may have to adjust doses down to avoid overdose. No other issues

jaminhealth

I take about 2 g of Berberine daily long term as two divided doses. It probably alters liver metabolism of other drugs so you may have to adjust doses down to avoid overdose. No other issues

Thanks I will start slowly, 2 grains is 2000mg correct?

Last edited:

pbyr

My brother had great results with magnesium chloride (oral), pancreas glandulars (Nutricology) and berberine. Quite dramatic results!

jaminhealth

Had a tele appt with MD the other day to discuss my recent labs, and I told her I was thinking about taking Berberine and she was fine with that, said she has other patients taking it. So my first bottle is on the way.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources