Anyone using betablockers?

Eternalflow

Not sure i understand your comment, but it seems no one does; phoenix rising and some american pubmeds mentions beta-, alpha- and calcium channel- blockers in low doses as potential beneficial for ME/CFS/FMS, help with disautonomia, moods, hyperarousal/PTSD.

Carl#1

I have never used beta blockers but a search shows that they can slow the heart rate.
I use a herb which has similar effects, it slows my heart rate to around 53-60 bpm. It has far more effects than this. Tests on animals show that it increases the size/weight of the pituitary gland which is usually effected in CFS/ME/Fibro. Some people find hormones helpful but an increased pituitary function should have a similar effect without the disruptive effect of drugs. This herb which I have been using for close to 30 years also helps the hypothalamus function which is also affected in this illness. Science is not aware of the truth about the "hypothalamus dysfunction" which it is not and entirely understates the truth about what happens in CFS.

Oh BTW the herb is a Chinese herb named Tu Si Zi (cuscuta sinensis, dodder seed) which I use with Gou Qi Zi (Wolfberry, commonly corrupted to Goji berry). Tu Si Zi can have a constipating effect and Gou Qi Zi, at least in high doses can cause diarrhoea and can loosen the bowels. I know this from experience because I have eaten loads of the berries. The dosage is around 15 grams of each/day. I boil them for 1 hour whereas it is meant to be 30 mins. A thin oil forms on the top of a pan and this is important, it has a toning effect on the nervous system in the Kidney & Liver therefore make sure that you preserve it if you try these herbs. I do have the companies that I use in the UK for these herbs which is about as cheap as I have found for companies that will supply the public.

Eternalflow

Thanks, sure is interesting, good luck.
I am interested in managing hyper arousal (ANS regulation) ptsd and related depression anxiety...

Carl#1

It should help with Anxiety but Depression I am less certain about. It might affect serotonin in an adverse way. For me the positives outweigh the negatives and I would not be without it TBH.

It sounds like you might benefit from Glycine to raise your GABA levels. It's a very highly used Amino Acid because of it's many effects in the body. The liver uses it in Amino acid conjugation and it is also used to make Glutathione. I can understand why people get CCI because of deficiency of glycine. Glycine is the most frequent amino acid in collagen, it is every third amino acid in the make up of collagen.

Eternalflow

Thanks again for your time, are you a Dr? This random very superficial diagnostic and suggestion is quite dangerous..you dont know what i am taking or doing. I asked a specific q, it suffices to say that you have no experience. Just be aware of people who might just follow your suggestion and suffer worse.
Only ever! Speak about yourself and if yoy must suggest stuff, make sure you have a full bio.
Regards

Eternalflow

Thanks again for your time, are you a Dr? This random very superficial diagnostic and suggestion is quite dangerous..you dont know what i am taking or doing. I asked a specific q, it suffices to say that you have no experience. Just be aware of people who might just follow your suggestion and suffer worse.
Only ever! Speak about yourself and if yoy must suggest stuff, make sure you have a full bio.
Regards
Ps sorry if i came across harsh, i appreciate anyone giving attention/ getting engaged, but beware false prophets and experts, especially with ME/CFS.
I could also imagine you actually meant L-lysine..?!? Again, thanks for your thoughts but its better if you ask more before rushing in fixing. All the best

Eternalflow

...as glycine is also listed as an amino acid...
So,
a potential shortcut to supplementing with amino acids, especially for women, is taking collagen ( contains all 18)..for gaba u dopamin regulation without affecting BP/ BS/Insulin resistance there is the combo in sequence of lemonbalm, ceylon cinnamon, dairy products, it still doesnt keep homeostasis, brain chemistry and ANS disautonomia keeps presenting cyclical, regardless to what you take. Women are built different to men. A cycling, pulsing of everything one takes is a good approach. Regards

Eternalflow

Do, forgot whey powder in combination with collagen powder...i also use ashwaganda, valerian and magnesium. Plus LDN

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources